most ridiculous paypal spoof email ever!

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
Due to increased fraudulent activity of identity and account theft we require that you verify your information with with us. The safety of our services together with all your personal accounts details is our first priority.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Will be my account access limited?Your account access will be limited if in less than 48 hours we do not receive the fax with the information asked.(Your case ID for this reason is PP-136-124-102.)How can I verify my account information?-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please send us all of the following information so we can verify your identity with our records. (we require a fax in less than 48 hours)1) Photocopy of a government-issued photo identification (identity card or passport)2) Photocopy of your credit card (front and back side are required) Please be informed that the photocopies must be specific and readable otherwise they will not be taken in consideration.Please send us only one fax message that will contain all the photocopies required. Please send us the information requested to the fax number or address below. Faxing from US: 914-293-2651Faxing from outside US: +1 914-293-2651 Please be assured that eBay treats your personal information with the utmost care. We always destroy documents after we've reviewed them.What happens next? Please allow three days for us to review your account after we have received your documents. We'll then contact you via email. Your account will remain active until we review your account!We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to your response so that we can resolve this matter as soon as possible.

Comments

• They forgot to ask for a DNA sample.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    or that you make a foam mold of yourself. Not shy are they? I wonder if you just came totally correct in your scam (yeah, I'm scamming you give me everything) it would work? This is close.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I am SO making a fake ID and credit card in photoshop and faxing it to that number.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    They forgot to ask for a DNA sample.

Do they give you an address? Maybe you should send them a dna sample. (In the form of something nasty in a jiffy envelope.)

:edit:

I see it's just a fax no.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Last time i did an order with flight club. They hit me with some bullshit along these lines. They wanted a photocopy of my ID and credit card front and back and my signature.Even though i'd bought things from them before with out all this drama they wouldn't process my order without this info. In the end i told them to forget it.

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
    You should fax a never ending fax loop to their number...
    Write whatever you wish on 9 pages of 8 1/2 by 11 inch paper and tape them together (end to end). Dial the victim's fax number and start sending the pages through. After page two has been transmitted, tape the top of page 1 to the bottom of page 9 making a continuous loop. The document will continue to cycle until the victim's fax machine has run out of paper. Be sure and disable your phone number from being printed on the fax and also disable caller I.D.
    This prank is great to get even with a business or individual who has somehow cheated you.

• Faxing from US: 914-293-2651
    Faxing from outside US: +1 914-293-2651

Shouldn't they want to avoid being identified? And couldn't this info be pretty easily used to identify them? I think someone's getting framed...

Efax