Just heard a marching band version of atomic dog

DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
does anyone know what the hell it is? Also, a version of soho's hot music that sounds like a remake by a live jazz band. I know y'all gotta know something about these. Also, heard and did not get to see the record bob james with no bells for the first two bars then they came in and it was indeed a vinyl record no microwave in use.

Comments

• Hot 8 - What's my name(?)

http://tinyurl.com/2xaogj

• Seeing this lot tomorrow, any good? Anybody?

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Copped the Hot 8 12" thanks for putting me up. However, can not figure out the version of hot music I heard. It was a live band and it was dope. Found this one while searching it out but this is NOT the one I'm looking for:

http://www.amazon.com/Hot-Music/dp/B000QVSGRC

Anyways, I know someone here knows what I'm looking for. Maybe it was like a masters at work remake or something or maybe another version from pal joey? Please let me know people.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Seeing this lot tomorrow, any good? Anybody?

Hot 8 Brass Band? Oh yeah, they're great. I caught them just a couple of weeks ago and I can't think of a way for someone not to enjoy their show.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Copped the Hot 8 12" thanks for putting me up. However, can not figure out the version of hot music I heard. It was a live band and it was dope. Found this one while searching it out but this is NOT the one I'm looking for:

http://www.amazon.com/Hot-Music/dp/B000QVSGRC

Haha man I was expecting that to be some country song with the same title but NOPE - it's a smooth jazz cover of Soho. Crazy shit.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    he came out with a remix called "More Hot Music" it might be that....

he came out with a remix called "More Hot Music" it might be that....

Nope. That's not it.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Is it the Missy Eliott remix or something?

Oh Hell to the no!!!! Come on now...........

• Seeing this lot tomorrow, any good? Anybody?

Hot 8 Brass Band? Oh yeah, they're great. I caught them just a couple of weeks ago and I can't think of a way for someone not to enjoy their show.

I saw them, and they were good. Hot, in fact. & now my head hurts. Damn you, alchohol.

• Speaking of marching bands, the What Cheer? Brigade from Providence, RI is a lot of fun. I'm a sucker for blazin' tubas and bass drums. That Halloween party (in the photos section) was a blast. I had no idea that they were scheduled to perform. Party, drink, party ... then out of nowhere a full-on raging marching band.

• Is it the Missy Eliott remix or something?

You're not talking about the Wynton Marsalis joint they sampled for Hot Music are you?

No am I not talking about Skain's Domain. I will figure this out soon though. I see Pal Joey did a Hot Music 97 Groove Mix with musician's so that is most likely the one I'm after.