The Wire prequels

LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
anyone seen these? there up on Amazon...looks dope. taking it back to 85... you see all the Wire crew back when they were starting up...this one with a young omar is dope...cant wait to see the lot....http://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permalink/mL6KQXV30XNIF

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i wonder if this was at all ever mentioned on this board

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    probably has, so much shit goes up on here though its hard to keep track. my mate emailed me the link, I want to know more, so i figured cats in the US would probably know more on this.

ive only seen up to season 4, bootleged, cus they only showed season 2 on TV over here..... the rest we have to download of the net.

Frickin' Omar is a classic character though....! They should do a whole sseries on him..

• Frickin' Omar is a classic character though....! They should do a whole sseries on him..

YES! Wire spinoffs!

I wanna see a sitcom about the hilarious day-to-day antics of Prop Joe's fix-it shop!

[i]Now who in the hell tried to microwave a bullet?!

Cheeeeeeeese!

(laugh track)

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts

Cheeeeeeeese!

(laugh track)

• [i]Now who in the hell tried to microwave a bullet?!

Cheeeeeeeese!

(laugh track)

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Ahh classic^^^^^^^ I can picture a whole bunch of spin offs.....

has anyone already seen the prequel stuff?

Is it part of season 5 or its own series? has this been shown on TV in the US yet?

Has the Wire gotten any props in the US, like an Emmy or something? It hasnt really been touched in Australia, no one really knows about it.

Also...my flatemate was asking, and i got no clue, anyone know the theme song...is it an old blues tune or something written for the show?

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    Not to offend but read up on your readups. I know the show is low profile down under but damn. there's already been a million threads on every one of your questions [/statement of obvious]

It kills me that I have to come on here to get my fix of opinions and gossip cos nobody I know has heard of it or cares.. shit pm me if you like and I'll fill you in.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Thats true but a lot of it is in the spoiler threads and i don't wanna touch those after i found out a couple of things i really didn't want to know.
    Yo Loko they have up to season 2 on local release here in aus, and you can buy up to season 4 on import from places like hum.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

Cheeeeeeeese!

(laugh track)

its a rolf race

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    Thats true but a lot of it is in the spoiler threads and i don't wanna touch those after i found out a couple of things i really didn't want to know.
    Yo Loko they have up to season 2 on local release here in aus, and you can buy up to season 4 on import from places like hum.

Good point. Maybe there should be a mandatory invisi-text(tm) requirement for all spoilage....

Only 2 weeks til there's gonna be a disturbing paradigm shift on the strut anyways...