Rootlesscosmo: hi

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
hi Rootlesscosmo (aka Randy Courture rear-naked choke dreams)What's up with Sengoku? I heard there's quite a few former Pride champs becoming part of that new organization in Japan. Gomi, Josh Barnett...I saw the cover on a Japanese mag recently, and I gotta say it gave me goosebumps. Very excited about the uniquely Japanese production stylez coming back.

Comments

• you mean Dreams?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    you mean Dreams?

My friend told me, there's gonna be two orgs...That may be the name of the other one.

• Gomi and bunch of the other Japanese wash ups are in Dreams.

not sure about Barnett.

your boy Fedor's agent Bernstein was holding out for some ridiculous provisions with UFC (e.g. Fedor could continue competing in Russian Sambo, and, more ridiculously, that UFC would have to bring over a bunch of his Red Devil boys and agree to co-sponsor some events in Russia).

consequently I don't see Fedor coming to UFC at all. shame.

I think Fedor's agents/Fedor is smart in not coming to the UFC though. He keeps his undefeated record and the reputation of being a living legend.

• I think Fedor's agents/Fedor is smart in not coming to the UFC though. He keeps his undefeated record and the reputation of being a living legend.

yeah maybe.

I finally watched Nogeira-Silvia and Shogun-Forrest in their entireties last night.

on the Pride guys Only Nogeira and Rampage have really represented in UFC so far. (Incidentally these were the two Pride fighters I bothered putting $$$ on when they came to UFC!!!).

I think the myth of Pride >>> UFC has been sorta shattered. I am not saying they aren't as good; I'm just saying that the UFC guys aren't any *less* good.

on the other hand it's not an entirely fair comparison because the *newer* Pride guys haven't been really competing in UFC yet. so it's like the UFC rising stars vs. the Pride wash-ups (see: Wand, etc.). not exactly apples to apples.

I think Fedor's agents/Fedor is smart in not coming to the UFC though. He keeps his undefeated record and the reputation of being a living legend.

yeah maybe.

I finally watched Nogeira-Silvia and Shogun-Forrest in their entireties last night.

on the Pride guys Only Nogeira and Rampage have really represented in UFC so far. (Incidentally these were the two Pride fighters I bothered putting $$$ on when they came to UFC!!!).

I think the myth of Pride >>> UFC has been sorta shattered. I am not saying they aren't as good; I'm just saying that the UFC guys aren't any *less* good.

on the other hand it's not an entirely fair comparison because the *newer* Pride guys haven't been really competing in UFC yet. so it's like the UFC rising stars vs. the Pride wash-ups (see: Wand, etc.). not exactly apples to apples.

No doubt. Noguiera/Sylvia was sick. Shogun looked out of it from the start.

Pride >>> UFC

I just think the vibe is totally different. At UFC, fans expect a brawl, so they start booing after 10 seconds of grappling. Cage vs Ring. Elbows vs Knees.

• I still say if the UFC LHW and HW devisions went over to Pride en masse in 2001 or 2002 or 2003 (the Pride heyday) they almost all would have been handled.

I still say if the UFC LHW and HW devisions went over to Pride en masse in 2001 or 2002 or 2003 (the Pride heyday) they almost all would have been handled.

I think so too.

• cascas 1,484 Posts

take it to the pms and stop herbing up my internet experience.

both of you.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

take it to the pms and stop herbing up my internet experience.

both of you.