yet another Afro mix...

FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
Here's another mixed bag with some Afro Latin, Afro Disco, Afro Funk and even some Afro Pop...Perhaps most notably here is Sagbohan Danialou, a musical legend in Benin who was featured in my good friend Nicolas Moncadas' amazing movie documentary "l'Homme Orchestre". If you know what's good for you, you better try and track down some of his work, there are a few clips to be found on YouTube to wet your appetite.In the meanwhile, click the image below (showing multi-instrumentalist Sagbohan Danialou behind the drums), sit back and enjoy the sounds.Thanx to Rainer for hosting this mp3.
00:00 Leon & Germain Keita -dalaka07:51 Antoine Dougbe -nounignon man kpon midji13:24 Yom Yem Kombinasion -get on 'n' do it20:55 Poly Rythmo -moulon devia29:50 Djinns Music -djinns musi'c time35:05 Bailly Spinto -djamo djamo41:47 Sagbohan Danialou -ossi47:51 Funkees -akula dwu onyeara pt.151:47 Bella Bellow -dasi ko55:48 M.F.B -beware
Sorry about the horribly crackly quality of "akula dwu onyeara" by the Funkees. That's a pretty damn hard record to find and this beat up copy is the only one I ever came accross... it's also featured on Soundway Record's new Nigeria Compilation, not only pristine sounding but also Pt.1&2 edited together!

Comments

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Thanks for another solid mix... been meaning to ask you... the first track on your Super Absent mix, Poly Rythmo - Mede Mayi Me Se... is that on 45 or one of their many LPs? I need that shit in my life!

Stop talking about Rootlesscosmo fools and give Frank some props!

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    Thank you!

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    thanks man, ive enjoyed all the ones you posted over the last few years. peace.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Thanks for another solid mix... been meaning to ask you... the first track on your Super Absent mix, Poly Rythmo - Mede Mayi Me Se... is that on 45 or one of their many LPs? I need that shit in my life!

It's from a picture sleeve 45.One of their rarer releases. I think I have a double. I've kinda lost the oversight of what I have at this moment since some stuff is with me in Guinea and other records are in storage in Berlin. Once I moved everything savely to NYC this July, I'll start to properly archive everything and perhaps make a sales/trades list.

I'm in Accra at the moment. Yesterday I've been to this crazy little shack full of records that had a big swastika mosaic embedded in the concrete floor in front of the floor. Found a mumified large mouse or small rat in a box of 45s. I took pictures...

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Great stuff as always, thanks Frank!

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

It's from a picture sleeve 45.One of their rarer releases. I think I have a double. I've kinda lost the oversight of what I have at this moment since some stuff is with me in Guinea and other records are in storage in Berlin. Once I moved everything savely to NYC this July, I'll start to properly archive everything and perhaps make a sales/trades list.

Right on... dibbs on that joint. Standard shotgun rules, right?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    gawdamn it Frank.......:raw:

I liked the alcohol song, and this one with the mellow organ shit...

• quality cuts as usual. That voodoo youtube you posted is pretty sick too. Hope you're doing well. You looking foward to the move to NY?

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    quality cuts as usual. That voodoo youtube you posted is pretty sick too. Hope you're doing well. You looking foward to the move to NY?

Very much so!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Jesus,i feel like a spoilt kid on xmas.

Again, THANK YOU

• thanks. very dope mix
    the 2nd track is

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Check out these two clips made by my friend French Film Documentarist Nicolas Moncadas:

This is a teaser for a Voodoo documentary.

If you like this stuff, check out his other clips on YouTube
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MONCADAS
    Please don't forget to leave a comment if you like what you see. My friend undergoes some
    serious troubles in his life and could really use some support.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    thankyou!

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    Thanks for the new mix.

• and the continues....

much thanks!

peace.