Bad ebay seller

sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
this guy: seguiviniendoLP was graded Excellent and "NM." It had, at one time, been severely warped before somebody obviously tried to flatten it using either a clothes iron or some other similar instrument which succeeded in melting the grooves of the record. No seriously, it melted the grooves down to a flat piece of plastic and even left an imprint line of whatever it was. I have to take pictures to really do it justice. Anyway, he didn't answer emails, refused to refund or even work out a credit.

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Various Artist Tax Write-Off

• Did you notice the part that said the seller would be away until March 3rd?

Anyway I always iron my records before I send them out.

• Did you notice the part that said the seller would be away until March 3rd?

If it was even remotely close I would have given him the benefit of the doubt.

• ebay is always a crap shoot...last week I got a record that was described EX+++...even though that is a very suspect grading, I figured it would be clean...shit was tore up, but the seller was cool and refunded my money and even let me keep the record...then I took a chance on a long time want that was described as G+, this kept away other bidders and i got this $100+ record for $20..got it today and it was damn near flawless wxcept for a huge scuff that is inaudible. You win some, you lose some...

• this guy: seguiviniendo

LP was graded Excellent and "NM." It had, at one time, been severely warped before somebody obviously tried to flatten it using either a clothes iron or some other similar instrument which succeeded in melting the grooves of the record. No seriously, it melted the grooves down to a flat piece of plastic and even left an imprint line of whatever it was. I have to take pictures to really do it justice. Anyway, he didn't answer emails, refused to refund or even work out a credit.

Sounds like the seller was honest. It didn't have any scratches, did it?