Syl Johnson.
    Otis Clay.
    Ann Peebles.
    Don Bryant.
    Bill Black's Combo.
    Ace Cannon.
    O.V. Wright.
    Jumpin' Gene Simmons.

Yeah, I was wondering why there never was an appreciation thread for Hi Records 'round here. When I visited Memphis two years ago, one of the Hi-lites was driving past the Hi Studios (still in existence) and seeing Willie Mitchell himself peepin' through the window.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    When I visited Memphis two years ago, one of the Hi-lites was driving past the Hi Studios (still in existence) and seeing Willie Mitchell himself peepin' through the window.

Last time I was in New Orleans, I caught a quick glimpse of Professor Longhair sticking his nose out of a bowl of crawfish etouffee...

• When I visited Memphis two years ago, one of the Hi-lites was driving past the Hi Studios (still in existence) and seeing Willie Mitchell himself peepin' through the window.

Last time I was in New Orleans, I caught a quick glimpse of Professor Longhair

either:
    (a) this was a long-ass time ago
    (b) you were drunk
    (c) you're dead

• When I visited Memphis two years ago, one of the Hi-lites was driving past the Hi Studios (still in existence) and seeing Willie Mitchell himself peepin' through the window.

either:
    (b) you were drunk
    (c) you're dead

or

(d) He's reading something more into your wording than you intended...

Maybe it's just how he worded it...but I got the impression that dude just drove past the studio and in that 4 second span he just happened to catch Willie Mitchell peeking out the window???

Sounded almost as ridiculous to me as discovering Professor Longhair swimming in a bowl of food...so I took it there.

DEAL

either:
    (b) you were drunk
    (c) you're dead

or

(d) He's reading something more into your wording than you intended...

Hmmm, that might be true as well...both the Hi studios and Willie Mitchell are still alive and kicking, unlike Fess Longhair...call 'em and see:

Royal Studios Cream-Hi Records
    1320 S Lauderdale St
    Memphis, TN 38106
    Phone: (901) 775-3790

• Maybe it's just how he worded it...but I got the impression that dude just drove past the studio and in that 4 second span he just happened to catch Willie Mitchell peeking out the window???

nope, me and my friends hung out there for quite a few minutes, taking photos and doing the whole R&B-fanatic thing...as i said in my previous post, not only is willie still alive, but he still works at Cream/Hi studios (from what i gather)...and its a small place, so why wouldnt he be hangin around the front entrance? and we were sober, and that sure LOOKED like him glancing out the window, so it makes sense...this wasn't no fake elvis sighting, bro

Maybe it's just how he worded it...but I got the impression that dude just drove past the studio and in that 4 second span he just happened to catch Willie Mitchell peeking out the window???

nope, me and my friends hung out there for quite a few minutes, taking photos and doing the whole R&B-fanatic thing...as i said in my previous post, not only is willie still alive, but he still works at Cream/Hi studios (from what i gather)...and its a small place, so why wouldnt he be hangin around the front entrance? and we were sober, and that sure LOOKED like him glancing out the window, so it makes sense...this wasn't no fake elvis sighting, bro

Not even really doubting you...just messing with the impression that your original wording left.

• Maybe it's just how he worded it...but I got the impression that dude just drove past the studio and in that 4 second span he just happened to catch Willie Mitchell peeking out the window???

yes dude shows up everyday...you can pretty much walk in to royal recording on any weekday and he will be there. He is very accomidating to record nerds and their questions. I went to school with his sons and he would drop them off everyday in a Rolls...

Not even really doubting you...just messing with the impression that your original wording left.

I told my Memphis story basically as it happened, so I don't see the confusion.

However, since my tone was kinda sarcastic (see the posts that came before mine), like a good-natured thread hijack, I guess I can understand why you thought I was goofin'.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I love how a grasp at attention backfired into an actual thread

• I love how a grasp at attention backfired into an actual thread

Cherish the moment. We may never pass this way again...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I love how a grasp at attention backfired into an actual thread

Cherish the moment. We may never pass this way again...

On soulstrut anything is possible this is how we operate