Francesca Lee - What yall think?

jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
being that i actually pay attention to what yall think about music and the way you grade it, i was curious as to what you thought about this woman...http://www.francesca-lee.com/music.htmgood or bad, its not a big deal nor a test, just curious as to what the general soulstrutters are thinking...also, are there other artists out there, from the past or present, that you could compare her too?thanks for reading the post...

Comments

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    honest to god initial reaction is:

a:fedex-kinko's making color copies

b:getting nachos at lillith.

c:gotta turn this shit off before someone walks in and out of the store.

• OK Jinx...what's the catch?

Sara McLaughlin - - Norah Jones - scented candle - Wishes they were Joni - pleasant enough but I suspect that were I to listen to too much of it I might experience the onset of menses....

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    She's in Texas, wonder what Archaic things of her? Me, meh...you woundn't catch me with it.

t

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Can we talk about Antigone Rising instead?

They're young! They're old! The way they cross-pollinate their image is bold!

L to R:
    1. Alt.country country girl a la Lilith Fair
    COMMENT: Wow! And we thought she was the ugly chick. Write a letter of commendation to her stylist.

2. Melissa Etheridge earth mother a la Lilith Fair
    COMMENT: Please remind her that there's no way we'd let a 50 year old in the band if she didn't write all the songs. And please get her to smile - she's frightening the 12-18 demographic.

3. Sophie B. Hawkins/late-period Teena Marie diva a la Lilith Fair
    COMMENT: Did we ever get the results on our test-marketing of the "Mariah Carey in Taos" look?

4. Sporty Spice goes US hipster chick a la Lilith Fair
    COMMENT: Unless we get style column coverage about it being the new trend, please untuck her jacket in the next photo shoot. This isn't Europe.

5. Confused but eclectic alternative grad student a la Lilith Fair
    COMMENT: We may have to reconsider the "weave + hand drawn Bowie tee = a good look" equation.

GENERAL: Pleased to see that our product-placement agreement with the denim industry is a go.

• "Mariah Carey in Taos" look?[/b]

HAHAHAHAHAHA!