Boring Friday Afternoon: What Should I Do?

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Hey,I've done all of the work I can do on my research projects, and have passed the papers on to co-authors (who are taking their sweet-ass time passing them back). I've read every relevant articles in my latest research journals. Wifey's at work, and me and el perro are chillin' around the crib. I'm bored out of my mind!!!! After doing some minor housework, I'll have nothing to do. I've taken the dog for a long walk early this morning and I've had lunch already, so those aren't options. I can decide what to do, so I ask "what should I do today?" Here are the options I'm considering:1. Goin' ridin' with the pooch and listen to some sounds.2. Sit around the apartment and listen to some vinyls.3. Work on some beats.4. Take a nap.5. Go to Best Buy and look for some new music.6. Hit the old music stores and buy some vinyls (potential wifey riff is a hazard).7. Play some "Fight Night".8. Watch Mayweather/Gatti again for the 5th time (and other older fights on video).Feel free to add in any other suggestions that (1) are legal and (2) within the confines of marriage (I know how some of y'all are!!!!).Peace,Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    go see a movie you've been meaning to see

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    go see a movie you've been meaning to see

or rent a foreign film. when the girlie and i are bored, we'll hit up blockbuster, walk through and find a flick with subtitles on the new releases wall, just to check it out, been pleased so far...

the most recent one we watched was "NOI", awsome film.

• save your gas money so you can buy the Bernard Hopkins vs. Jermaine Taylor fight. I think its gonna be a classic.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    1. Goin' ridin' with the pooch and listen to some sounds.

seize the day

it's nice outside.
    pooch will appreciate it too

• Go to a museum or library.

Get stoned?

Get stoned and then go to a museum or library.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    save your gas money so you can buy the Bernard Hopkins vs. Jermaine Taylor fight. I think its gonna be a classic.

Yep and I've got B-HOP all day ery'day!!!! He's too nice with the in-fighting and body punching for Taylor.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts

2. Sit around the apartment and listen to some vinyls.
    3. Work on some beats.
    4. Take a nap. (Optional)

Biggs,
    I'd say #2, #3, and while you're at it, work up some delicious home cooking for you and the wife when she gets home. Start on something BIG now and it'll be poppin' when she gets home.

You'll have done something nice for yourself, and your wife will appreciate a bomb Friday evening dinner prepared by her main dude. (If you can't cook, then I say enjoy #2 & 3, then get some take out just before wifey gets home, and be dressed in some sexy silk when she walks in the door... You take it from there.)

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

3. Work on some beats.

Remember when you were a kid and you had summer vacation and by august you were bored out of your tree and you started making up stupid games to keep yourself entertained...

boredom is the mother of invention...

start something new.

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

2. Sit around the apartment and listen to some vinyls.
    3. Work on some beats.
    4. Take a nap. (Optional)

Biggs,
    I'd say #2, #3, and while you're at it, work up some delicious home cooking for you and the wife when she gets home. Start on something BIG now and it'll be poppin' when she gets home.

You'll have done something nice for yourself, and your wife will appreciate a bomb Friday evening dinner prepared by her main dude. (If you can't cook, then I say enjoy #2 & 3, then get some take out just before wifey gets home, and be dressed in some sexy silk when she walks in the door... You take it from there.)

Hey Bam,

Funny you should suggest dinner, because I did that last night. I actually did #2 yesterday evening as well, and I really enjoyed so I may start earlier with a session today. Also, the nap and making beats are good suggestions too. Man, you're tellin' me to pull out the grown & sexy silk PJ's, huh (which I do have several pairs, oddly enough)? Shiiiiit, I'll definitely have some late night delight with that steeze, to complement my earlier morning delight (I love marriage!!!!).

Actually, the movie idea isn't bad, but I hate movie theatres (i.e., lack of comfort, rudeness, etc.). Maybe it would be so bad at a matinee, but it's summertime, so loud, rude kids galour. Going to the museum isn't a bad idea, either, even though MilwauKKKee isn't exactly at the pinnacle of high culture (i.e., museum here). Reading a good book is enjoyable, but difficult to do in my free time since I read constantly for my work. Thanks guy. Keep those suggestions coming!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    jerk yer jimmy and take a nap?

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts

6. Hit the old music stores and buy some vinyls (potential wifey riff is a hazard).

you know i'd be a fool not to suggest this one. i'm here if you need my services lord stackalack.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

wasnt expecting this one, yet so obvious. i laughed out loud and my fellow workers definately made looks.

Didn't you read my earlier post? Earlier morning's "delight" took care of your first suggestion (one of many reasons why marriage is great), but the second is definitely an option.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    got any good parks near by? with wooded areas? hit those up, just start walking the trails or even explore your own routes, enjoy the scenery and just take a deep breath of the nature we have left...

or do the obvious and sit on SOULSTRUT all day

• Options

And when you wake up, rob a bank.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

Didn't you read my earlier post? Earlier morning's "delight" took care of your first suggestion (one of many reasons why marriage is great), but the second is definitely an option.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

oh i missed that... well yank yer wanker again and take a snoozer... thatll settle you down and give you a nice evening with the wifey... plus youll build up the strength again for another go-round when she gets home, PLUS therell be extra action for you and her due to the double yanker you did.

life deosnt get better than that!

unless you have a maid who does all the cooking and cleaning... or if youre rich and can buy anything you want... but its pretty damn good...

yank away killer

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Order a superfly pizza and throw on a DVD.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    Order a superfly pizza and throw on a DVD.

ya, pizza and a nice documentary is

• Playstation until SportsCenter comes on.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    Pizza, beer, and baseball...sounds good right now

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Make a mix CD.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    XBox[/b] until SportsCenter comes on.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    stare at a wall.

got any good parks near by? with wooded areas? hit those up, just start walking the trails or even explore your own routes, enjoy the scenery and just take a deep breath of the nature we have left...

or do the obvious and sit on SOULSTRUT all day

Hey,

Actually, going to the park is a great idea. The little girl (pooch) would love that, even though I did walk her little legs off early this morning. She's a:

Silky Terrier, so I'm not sure if she could take another long walk. And to some of you other cats (Sir Jinx), y'all are nuts, but that's why I love this place. I have some music on right now ("Soft Space" by The Jeff Lorber Fusion; something light and happy for early afternoon), so I've started in on the "listening to music" option. I guess there'll be more options to come.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak