ITS WORKING NOW! Rare Australian Only Breaks Mix

LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
My mate Smokin Jodes (DJ/Producer for Chaos Maths & Dirt Box Kings) has put together this mix of rare aussie breaks. Dude took his time on this, its a proper mix, with some of the rarest shit out of Australia...Available to download: aussie breaks also if you dig this mixtape you might want to check out Chaos Maths or Dirt Box Kings Hope you enjoy it. Loko

Comments

• cheers - will download and listen when I get home from work.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Anyone else check this out yet?
    What do people reckon?
    I can probably twist the mans arm and get a track listing....

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I really dig it. I'm gonna be upping the mix on my blog as well soon, together with an interview with Jodes as soon as I can pin the guy down (no homo).

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I liked most of it, is that INXS in there towards the end? That bit cracked me up. Maybe a little heavy on the scratch in some spots but not a bad listen.

Yeah I think the INXS and the Little River Band breaks were thrown in for a little laugh...same as the intro (Humphrey B Bear was an old kids show sorta like Barney the Dinosaur)...

Hey Kinetic, when you interviewing Jodes? That should be interesting to read....

As soon as I can get back in touch with him. Haven't seen him since the last breaks night when he gave me the copy of the mix.

Headin up that way on saturday if your down to roll.....

Yeah I should be right to do that. I'll let you know closer... if you're going when I am I may as well give you a lift, ey?

Sweet. A lift beats ShittyRail...

Come a bit earlier then I can show off all the mad shit I scored at Peakhours house.
    Cant believe you & sandro went thru there and left a mint Mandingo....!!!! (which I scored for a dollar!!!!)

Dude... I got mint Mandingo's for daaaayyyyyyzzzzzz.

haha, nah but I did leave a lot of stuff there cause I was poor at the time!

Man I killed it. Got doubles of heaps of shit. Picked up some classic oz funk LPs, and Peakhour pulled aside a whole bunch of shit for me cus I said..."I like anything with a break on it"... 140 records later Im happy as larry! Stayed up till 2 am yesterday just sorting thru shit, got half to go..... Frickin' love it.

You going to the parra fair on sunday?

hey did you know that break on the Marcia Hines Lp "sadness is just another way of life....: was used on the new Vents LP...aqnd Trials flipped it nicely on the track, the vocals and the break....

• ArksArks 133 Posts

What's up Mark You still have that MPC I sold you?

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

ARKSIE!

Whats crackin mate? Good to see u up on here.

B

Geeze, talk about blast from the past. Yeah man... I have to say I haven't been using it much, but it's still here. Are you back in Oz?