BOX

grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
no, im not talking about slapping your ears off. and all you cool guys put away your vintage boomboxes you rub with a diaper and bring out on special occaisions. im talking about just your average everyday box.see, i miss them. you could always count on sf for dude walking around with a shitty emerson or GFX $20 box blasting some mac mall or some radio shit. i mean, honestly, sometimes on the commute, after drinking and smoking the night before, i could really do without the shitty sound in the early morning. but mostly it was nice riding the 38 with some kid playing his shit in the back. now im here in LA. and you know who has the box? crazy people. usually strapped to bikes or their shopping carts. usually playing country or talk radio. so the other day i saw some kid with his oversize tshirt bumping a box. and im like cool man this takes me back. as he approaches i realize he's blasting U2 in the name of love. LA is weird.

Comments

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    I just missed out on a nice 1978 JVC on eBay.

Wish I could afford this Holy Grail:

• dsandersdsanders 495 Posts
    >usually playing country or talk radio.

...or Smooth Jazz FM.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    I just missed out on a nice 1978 JVC on eBay.

Wish I could afford this Holy Grail:

i likes that shit... ::::reaches for my third bass cassette::::

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    I like it, too.

Currently sitting at $375.

Do you like it that much?

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    oh yeah. i forgot to mention. by "crazy people" i not only meant them bike riding folks, but also them retro hipster dipshits that pay $400+ for a radio theyd rather be seen with than play music on.

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
    oh yeah. i forgot to mention. by "crazy people" i not only meant them bike riding folks, but also them retro hipster dipshits that pay $400+ for a radio theyd rather be seen with than play music on.