Multi-track Classics?

johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
http://www.multitrackclassics.comWith all of the multi-track files "leaking" (either that, or those who were in charge of doing remixes for certain projects are casually/anonymously passing them out for fun), I came across this website.I remember when Todd Rundgren had his TR-I thing, and the CD-I format had started, and Peter Gabriel experimenting with this, that it was possible to create unique mixes from available multi-tracks in the early 90's. However, most people didn't have computers then, and even if you did, fast processors were only available to those who could afford it, which was generally recording studios. Yet no one branched out to do it then and things really didn't get going until it was possible for the casual fan and bedroom producer to find multi-track sourced material to make new mixes and mash-ups.Anyway, this website takes the idea to a higher level, but whether or not labels and/or bands will do this remains to be seen. It would be great to do mixes of stuff that sound like crap with brickwall limiting, but I don't know if it would be practical to do it for hip-hop, since revealing sounds in the muli-track would result in (perhaps) more accurate sample spotting.Anyway...

Comments

• I'm sorry but this site looks like a fake site. It looks like they take your money and run.

NEVER EVER will the Beatles give out the 4 tracks of Sgt.Pepper officialy.

And I doubt hardly that all the other records that are shown will be avaiable officialy.

And if the list of those 100 records would be real, do you believe that those multitracks would not already fly around on the net right now ??

And what is with the guestbook ??

Some posting from november 2007, than a 3 month pause and than some new postings.

Looks like this site will breakdown und heavy visits.

And why are there NO snippets.

Show me some bad MP3s of those multitracks.

There is not one, why ??

Why is there no list on the website showing the titles of these 100 albums they pretend to posses the multitracks of ???

You have to send in an email to get the list.

Why ???

If its not illegal they could post the list.

to pay 99 bucks for !!!!!!!!

Peace
    Hawkeye

If this would be real I would pay more than 99 bucks for those tracks !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I'm sorry but this site looks like a fake site. It looks like they take your money and run.

NEVER EVER will the Beatles give out the 4 tracks of Sgt.Pepper officialy.

And I doubt hardly that all the other records that are shown will be avaiable officialy.

Exactly. The multi-tracks for Pepper are nice, although definitely not of studio quality (apparently they came from a cassette dub sourced from Abbey Road). As you said, it would be nice if they had *something*, and as you saw, it's an idea that says "hopefully major labels, if you see this, maybe we can work something out". I for one would prefer to have something on the site first ("content"), otherwise someone else is going to come through with the goods and say "HA, now look what we have".