Is This Love (Multitrack Session)

brandonbrandon 42 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
Here it is. Bob Marley - Is This Love 17 Tracks - AIF - 386 MB --- myspace.com/bigquarters

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Here it is.

Bob Marley - Is This Love

17 Tracks - AIF - 386 MB

---

myspace.com/bigquarters

Dayuuum you're

thanks for posting this

• many thanks indeed

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Countdown to bmore remix in 5...4...3...2...

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• this is why i pay my internet bill.

• cot damn where is this coming from?

stax, motown, now marley? keep it coming

• I love these. Getting to solo the different tracks is so great. Thanks for posting. Can't wait for the next one

• Has anybody else messed around with taking the various tracks and doing their own mixes? I just messed around a little bit layering tracks in SoundForge so nothing fancy... Just straight overlapping the tracks onto a stereo track for the most part. I added a bit of reverb to the vocals, compressed the bass a bit and added a bit of delay to the guitar part just for something to do, but largely it's just straight pasting of the tracks. Since it's SoundForge I couldn't really pan out tracks, didn't set levels, etc, just stacked up the tracks so the levels are pretty hot. Nothing special, but just messing around I came up with this:

Of course, the really interesting part of these tracks came at the very end of the tracks... Listening to each individual track there's some little 2-second blurb from something else. Clearly not Bob Marley, but still multitrack parts for another song. Well, if you put them all together it sure sounds to my ears like it's about a 2-second snippet of "Good Times" by Chic! Check it:

• ha i listened to that and heard good times too. Not sure if it's chic or a cover. Only heard it the on time and haven't rechecked it yet.

p.s. Cool mix.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Has anybody else messed around with taking the various tracks and doing their own mixes?
    just messing around I came up with this:

diggin this. thanks.
    like Tuff_Gong said, anyone else mess with these or the other multi-track sessions? (i'm interested in particular, what people did with those Ain't No Mountain High Enough multi-tracks)

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

stax

This, I missed.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    bumped for a friday for those who missed it.

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    Quote:
    Has anybody else messed around with taking the various tracks and doing their own mixes?
    just messing around I came up with this:

diggin this. thanks.
    like Tuff_Gong said, anyone else mess with these or the other multi-track sessions? (i'm interested in particular, what people did with those Ain't No Mountain High Enough multi-tracks)

Thats not Chic, it has not the drums or vocals of the original. No 16th hihat in the original.

But its a Good Times cover I would bet too.

Peace
    Hawkeye

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I finally got around to opening these up and I've been bugging out on them alllllll morning. Here's a simple mix of "Aint No Mountain". I tried to emphasize certain parts of the song that hit me by adding and removing inst. and I did a simple beat/reprise at the end.

I can't wait to really get into these.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Here's another quick mix. Doing these really shows how seriously talented everyone was. Not only the musicians but the engineers. This is a pretty laid back version with the alt. vocal that was with the other tracks. Nothing ground breaking, but I'm it's been a good learning experience and I'm grateful to even have these.

Inst.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    hey day, I did a similar mix with ain't no mountain. Maybe I'll post it. It's nice to drop out parts and hear things you don't hear in the full mix. Ours seem kind of similar, I'll try to load it up and finish mine.