ebay feedback changes

billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
I know that this has been covered already but I know someone that works for eBay/PayPal and have been getting a little info from them from over the past couple weeks. In fact someone recently was looking for info on a gospel 45 that was no longer listed. I emailed him about that and it appears that eBay isn't storing any of that data more that 45 days. That is a whole other topic though.In regards to the feedback changes here is what I sent today..."Apparently this is an example of why they removed buyer feedback:I pressured my husband to give me the seller's name so that i couldlook their feedback. multiple buyers complained about shipping and theseller punished each one by giving them negative feedback inreturn. this prompted most buyers to withdraw the negative rating,giving the seller an inflated good rating."Here is an eBay blog about emails they received regarding the feedback changes. "The majority of the emails sent, were by sellers with various levels of concern (ranging from high-pitched vehemence to eruptive volcanic rage)."http://www.ebaychatter.com/the_chatter/2008/02/feedback-change.htmlAnd lastly, an article about an eBayer that invited buyers to rip him off in order to show how easy it is to scam people in various ways.http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02/11/ebay_laptop_auction/

Comments

• Ebay fucked themselves with this feedback system change. I don't see any possible way that it's going to work out for the good of anyone (except for scam buyers). Hopefully they will modify this aspect of the changes before the damage gets too severe.

BTW, I am participating in the seller boycot from 2/18-2/25. If you want to sign up or learn more about it here is a link.
    (buyers can sign up for this as well)
    And here is a link for a petition regarding the final value fee increases (which I personally am not all that upset about but I know a lot of people are).

• i'm participating in the boycott too. mostly because i'm too lazy to take pictures and get anything done this week though.

• location material for days on that forum:

"Sorry. but I must believe this has to be a small number of "mommas idiots"!"