And you thought your auctions ended badly....

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSL1355570120080213BERLIN (Reuters) - A woman in Germany who became pregnant after an online sex auction has won a court battle to force the Web site that hosted the sale to reveal the names of the winners, so she can find out who's the father.Six different men won Internet auctions to have sex with the woman in April and May last year. They were only known to her by their online names, a spokesman for a court in the southwestern city of Stuttgart said Wednesday."The woman wanted to discover which one of the men had made her pregnant," the spokesman said. "So she needed their contact details. Of course, if they're not willing to go along with the gene test, she'll have to take them to court."The woman asked the site's operator to reveal the true identity of the men, but it refused, citing a confidentiality clause in its terms and conditions.The court ruled in her favor, saying the child's right to know who its father was took precedence.The court declined to give the woman's age and nationality.(Reporting by Dave Graham, Editing by Matthew Jones)

Comments

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    What the fuck?

So what, this is like Ebay for prostitutes?

• My God!
    Funny news. Thanks for the read.
    Like we say overhere in Holland: "Mmm.. Opmerkelijk."

(sorry I dont know how to translate that one)

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    What the fuck?

Isn't the point of an auction that there's only one of the item and, as such, can only go to one person, i.e. the highest bidder? A woman's "goodies" are a gift that can keep on giving, so why auction? Isn't booty more of "set sale" type of commodity?

Online prostitution I understand. An auction, maybe. But as a dude, why would you bid? Does the higher bidder get to hit it first? Does he get to decide where to...um...finish?

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    What the fuck?

Isn't the point of an auction that there's only one of the item and, as such, can only go to one person, i.e. the highest bidder? A woman's "goodies" are a gift that can keep on giving, so why auction? Isn't booty more of "set sale" type of commodity?

Online prostitution I understand. An auction, maybe. But as a dude, why would you bid? Does the higher bidder get to hit it first? Does he get to decide where to...um...finish?

What about nonpayer bidders?

What if she left you negative feedback after the deal?

• Isn't the point of an auction that there's only one of the item and, as such, can only go to one person, i.e. the highest bidder?

hole 1 - CHECK
    hole 2 - CHECK
    hole 3 - CHECK
    hand 1 - CHECK
    hand 2 - CHECK

with the rising price of listing fee's it was probably in her best interest to auction it off as somewhat of a set sale.

• meat curtins::harmless ringburn

• Isn't the point of an auction that there's only one of the item and, as such, can only go to one person, i.e. the highest bidder?

"Dutch Auction" or in this case German.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    let me retract my bid

• YemskyYemsky 709 Posts

Isn't the point of an auction that there's only one of the item and, as such, can only go to one person, i.e. the highest bidder?

Read:
    Six different men won Internet auctions to have sex with the woman in April and May last year.[/b]

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

Six different men won Internet auctions to have sex with the woman in April and May last year. [/b]

Only high bidders got to "dip their pen in the auction ink." So perhaps they are well off financially.
    Or perhaps they are depraved perverts. It could go either way.