Funky Soundtrack Themes - big band covers ?

Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
I remember just these 2The John Gregory Orchestra - The DetectivesHarry Mancini - The cop shows themesmmm......what else ?any suggestion ?Many ThanksP.S anyone knows these two ray davies orchestra joints ?

Comments

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

• There are so many...

The guys in Vinyl Vulture are very knowledgeable about OST big band overs.. their "Lounge" scetion are full of it.

One I always mention (that I use massively during DJ gigs) is the cover of Enter the Dragon by Percy Faith on the Corazon album: KILLER!

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Was First Light on that album too?

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts
    There are so many...

The guys in Vinyl Vulture are very knowledgeable about OST big band overs.. their "Lounge" scetion are full of it.

One I always mention (that I use massively during DJ gigs) is the cover of Enter the Dragon by Percy Faith on the Corazon album: KILLER!

yeah...I saw the Vinyl Vulture site......hey I used to play a cover of enter the dragon with my (now deceased) band,too.....ahh..good memories......

any other good album to catch ?

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

If anyone needs this I have a spare copy for trade........contains dope version of Three Days Of The Condor......hollA!

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Those two Ray Daives joints are ill...

I like the EXORCIST that Alchemist sampled off that Big Terror Themes...

peace.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts

the dennis coffey version of the song is dope as well......