Is there a cheap quick fix for cellphone screens?

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
I dropped my T-Mobile Dash one too many times and now the whole screen is white. I'm addicted to text messaging so it's extremely frustrating when I don't know who's texting me. Plus I don't remember any phone numbers except for my Mom's so now I have to wait for all my closest folkers to call me and hope they follow the "state your number CLEARLY" instructions.And I don't know if I can do the "hook it up to the laptop and back up the info" dance 'cause I think I need to see the screen for that.I wish there was a way to set up an auto-reply text response. Or is there??F*ckity f*ck f*ck.

Comments

• not sure if thats a 'clam shell' model at all, but you can get the 'screen' part of those replaced. I know cause mine fell inna glass of water ..

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Hey, I don't know about hooking it up to your computer, but you may be able to subscribe ( even temporarily ) to a back up tool from your service provider. You could see if you can do it online through the add a feature area....office assistant type thing. Might be like 5-10 bucks a month, but I know you can access your phone numbers online that way. Also, if you do get a new phone they can transfer all your numbers onto it, of course, for a fee.

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    They have replacement screens on ebay for $50 and theres a place in manhattan that sells them on there that will install it for $90 total, its not terrribly complicated to do yourself though.

same shit happened to me

• I just bought a replacement screen from eBay for $36. I found a YouTube video with step-by-step instructions on replacing it. It'll void the warranty but my warranty expired a couple months back so no worries there. A replacement phone through T-Mobile would've cost $220 and that's WITH my discount!

Thanks everybody. I really appreciate the help.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I just bought a replacement screen from eBay for $36. I found a YouTube video with step-by-step instructions on replacing it. It'll void the warranty but my warranty expired a couple months back so no worries there. A replacement phone through T-Mobile would've cost $220 and that's WITH my discount!

Thanks everybody. I really appreciate the help.

I'm gonna laugh my ass off if you find out it's not the screen

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    I've got a dash too-- back it up before you do this, just in case. If you have the software installed that came with it, it's pretty easy to back everything up, and if you plug it in with the USB cable instead of utilizing a bluetooth connection, the computer will recognize the device, so you don't need to see the cell phone screen. Also, since it runs on Window Mobile, you can export all of the contact info into an excel spreadsheet, or have it sync with your outlook (obv.)

If you don't have the software or can't find the disc/can't find a download, I can up it, just holler on PM.

• I'm gonna laugh my ass off if you find out it's not the screen

Assholeface.

I'm gonna laugh my ass off if the baby comes out Black.