RHAPP ALBUM OF THE MONTH?

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
Let's do it. Try to keep this one alive until the end of the year and see who wins.JANUARY:????

Comments

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts

• who is responsible for all these pictures of animals with catchy phrases on them? Most of the time they are in "slang" type a la "Wut U Say Beotch?" or "Sum Wun Pass Me Anutha Beer."

weak.

If animals could type I bet they'd spell better than that.

Best rhapp album of January is "step up 2 - the streets" featuring the number one hit in America..."low" by Flo Rida featuring T-Pain opening this Valentine's Day.

Oops. I couldn't even tell you what rhapp albums came out in January. I do like hearing that shorty lo remix with everyone on it (even though Wayne's verse is treading on some Cher/3LW insanity). I also like that Wayne song that seems to be a two parter with the Cash Money song first and then the song with Baby about Champaigne bottles and championship games. I only hear those songs on the radio and haven't made it to the rap shop in awhile.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    who is responsible for all these pictures of animals with catchy phrases on them? Most of the time they are in "slang" type a la "Wut U Say Beotch?" or "Sum Wun Pass Me Anutha Beer."

weak.

If animals could type I bet they'd spell better than that.

Best rhapp album of January is "step up 2 - the streets" featuring the number one hit in America..."low" by Flo Rida featuring T-Pain opening this Valentine's Day.

Oops. I couldn't even tell you what rhapp albums came out in January. I do like hearing that shorty lo remix with everyone on it (even though Wayne's verse is treading on some Cher/3LW insanity). I also like that Wayne song that seems to be a two parter with the Cash Money song first and then the song with Baby about Champaigne bottles and championship games. I only hear those songs on the radio and haven't made it to the rap shop in awhile.

SMH...LOLcats?

Internet much?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I am out of answers. The promos I get just keep on getting worse. One dude sent a 1 GB flash drive with mp3s of his album and a record bag with his wack BS 12-inch inside. I promptly cleared out the flash drive and it's pretty handy.

I heard a new Pete Rock & CL Smooth joint but it was a turd as expected.

Isn't Blu working on a new project on Tres? That's not out for awhile though. Also new PUTS and a Double K solo album in 08.

Is Juvenile working on anything new? What about Keak/anyone from the Bay or is it completely deaded and run over by thizzed out 17 year-olds? Is there anything coming out of Detroit that doesn't sound like Dilla biting?

Give me my 5 new songs that I am required to play every show. I have been really pushing the definition of "new" recently.

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    Isn't Blu working on a new project on Tres? That's not out for awhile though. Also new PUTS and a Double K solo album in 08.

yeap, should be a solo blu lp comin on tres. though there're a few tracks exile and blu left off the last lp comin out on 12"s.

waitin on that new puts though. hurry up thes.

anyhow, the album of the month for me was Jazz Liberatorz - Clin d'oeil.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

yeap, should be a solo blu lp comin on tres. though there're a few tracks exile and blu left off the last lp comin out on 12"s.

waitin on that new puts though. hurry up thes.
    I thought it was the Blu and Ta'Raach LP that was being released. Together they are known as C.R.A.C., but I could be very very wrong that Tres is releasing it.

The people I'm checking for this year are:
    Guilty Simpson
    Shawn Jackson
    Andre 3000 - anything he's related to, with tracks he's actually on as a
    SP (formerly of Starving Artists Crew)
    Blueprint
    People Under The Stairs (if the rumors of an album are true, then bet that)
    House Shoes
    Camp Lo (here's hoping)

I know nothing about release dates or anything. I'll just be waiting for the streets/innanetz to talk.

• I am out of answers. The promos I get just keep on getting worse. One dude sent a 1 GB flash drive with mp3s of his album and a record bag with his wack BS 12-inch inside. I promptly cleared out the flash drive and it's pretty handy.

i got that in the mail a couple weeks back. i still haven't checked it so thanks for saving me the time!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    House Shoes

Is Shoes working on some material, or you're just looking for him to get more exposure as a DJ in '08?

Have you heard anything about a Dez-Andres full length??

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    House Shoes

Is Shoes working on some material, or just getting more exposure as a DJ?

Have you heard anything about a Dez-Andres full length??
    From my conversings with Shoes, he's working on an album featuring a bunch of rappers over his beats. He's also supposed to be doing a project with Detroit/Rawkus 50 eMCee, Finale, who just released a joint with Spier1200 (of 2 for 5 fame, who is now a Detroit resident).
    I look forward to hearing both projects by Shoes. I'd like to see Shoes become more of a producer's producer as I think he's got a good ear for shit. He could help mold a few rappers into better ones, if they were willing to listen.

I have heard nothing about anything new from Dez. I'll put the feelers out and see what the word is. My boy DJs with him every Tuesday at Northern Lights out here. He should know something.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Sayin' though... are the new joints coming out the new home studio?