Timbaland producing Verizon-only album.

BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
thoughts?http://www.radioandrecords.com/RRWebSite/NewsStoryPage.aspx?ContentID=pcYeCyO3%2bNI%3d&Version=0Timbaland To Produce Mobile Album For Verizon By Jennifer Netherby, Billboard.bizAs Timbaland's "Shock Value" goes up for five Grammy Awards, the hitmaking hip-hop producer has announced a deal with Verizon Wireless to make the first "mobile album," which will be exclusively available to subscribers of V Cast, Verizon's mobile entertainment service.As Verizon's mobile producer in residence, Timbaland will produce one song per month throughout 2008. Each month, he will work with a different artist on a track while touring the country on the Verizon Mobile Recording Studio Bus, which will also capture making-of footage for V Cast subscribers on a dedicated Timbaland channel. He will perform in some tour cities to be announced, and Verizon will select subscribers to visit the tour bus in other cities to watch him work his magic.Timbaland says the deal will let him reach more fans because "every place don't get a CD [but] everybody has a mobile phone." Plus, there's history to be made. "Just producing a mobile album has never been done. I'm the first to ever do it," he says.

Comments

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    "every place don't get a CD [but] everybody has a mobile phone."

Sad but true... damn

I bet the fidelity on those mobile tracks will be PHENOMENAL.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I bet the fidelity on those mobile tracks will be PHENOMENAL.
    yeah, the further shit moves towards digital distribution in its many forms, the worse shit will sound in any other format. kinda sad really.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Plus, there's history to be made. "Just producing a mobile album has never been done. I'm the first to ever do it," he says.

Not mobile, but dial-a-poet was a bit earlier.