Obama and Hip Hop

LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
I think I raised the question in another post about Obama and his relationship with Hip hop...anyone seen this. dope. insightful.if I was in the US I would vote for him after watching this.

Comments

• running for office is some serious shit. You can't even say you like Jay-Z or Kanye without having to immediately clarify that you disagree with some of the messages. Walking the middle road and not offending everyone and making everyone like you at the same time is no easy task.

I do not envy anyone in the public eye like that. Nobody on Soul Strut could ever run for president.

"is it true that you photoshopped a picture of a large slug into another man's hand and then called him doo doo on a stick?"

• I'm not real interested in his love of Jay and Kanye, but the fact that listens to Stevie, Marvin, EWF, Isleys, Temps...I mean that would be Frickin' cool if our president was at all influenced by that stuff.

• he snubbed jadakiss!

• he snubbed jadakiss!

totally. and his failure to cite the Blowed as an influence was clearly intentional. politics.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I'm not real interested in his love of Jay and Kanye, but the fact that listens to Stevie, Marvin, EWF, Isleys, Temps...I mean that would be Frickin' cool if our president was at all influenced by that stuff.

Big deal

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I'm not real interested in his love of Jay and Kanye, but the fact that listens to Stevie, Marvin, EWF, Isleys, Temps...I mean that would be Frickin' cool if our president was at all influenced by that stuff.

Big deal

I'm saying.

What impressed me more than his taste is the fact that my man has an iPod. It's terrifying how unfamiliar with technology--and, by extension, with the world that normal people live in--many national officeholders are ("internets"-rltd.).

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    He probably just searched for what The Kids are doing nowadays on The Google.

Obama's favorite show is The Wire, too. 'Nuff said.

I keed.

• yes?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Also impressive

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Condoleezza Nice?

• Condoleezza Nice?

some female Blowed MC should adopt this moniker.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    when he's looking for the adjective to describe American Gangster and the dude cuts him off, was he about to say tight? That would have been great.

I also love that dude asks him if he likes hip-hop and he immediately says "Of course." I feel like other politicians, even African-American ones, might have paused to think about the right answer to that question or the right qualifiers to add after saying "yes." As some mentioned above, I think, he qualified it in his own way, but everything there was completely authentic.

• i don't know. if he asked obama to name his favorite song off of American Gangster, i think you would have heard

don't make me pull out the youtube of him dancing on the Ellen show.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Appreciates Stevie, Marvin, Isley brothers and Temptations?

Dope, Where do I sign up?

Likes Kayne?

Really Obama? Really?

- spidey

• don't make me pull out the youtube of him dancing on the Ellen show.

hahaha THAT is classic. Hillary has more flavor doing her point point thing than your man had on Ellen. poast it!

• I also love that dude asks him if he likes hip-hop and he immediately says "Of course."

to be fair I think he was giving an interview to some hip-hop themed jounalist or event. so obviously he wasn't gonna hesitate with that answer.

I also love that dude asks him if he likes hip-hop and he immediately says "Of course."

to be fair I think he was giving an interview to some hip-hop themed jounalist or event. so obviously he wasn't gonna hesitate with that answer.

Yes,. This was the BET special called "What's In It For Us?"

The Hip Hop question was just one of many and he was most likely briefed before the interview.

And if u saw the whole shit, it looked like he and the journalist werent in the same room..IMO.

• hip hop dancing 101

Grown N Sexy Two Step.......Get Fam.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    hip hop dancing 101

You have obviously never been to a G&S...

• Grown N Sexy Two Step.......Get Fam.

i thought he was doing the robot

LOLOLOL

At least it was some Carlton from Fresh Prince of Bel Air steez.

• hip hop dancing 101

honestly Ellen is a better dancer.

hip hop dancing 101

honestly Ellen is a better dancer.

She was just tryin crazy hard and he was easy w/ his shit.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

HAHAHA

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    This guy generally gives a pretty smooth interview, but his defense of hip hop was probably the most convoluted answer I've seen him give. Definitely the first time he struck me as a POLITICIAN trying to cover all his bases.

This guy generally gives a pretty smooth interview, but his defense of hip hop was probably the most convoluted answer I've seen him give. Definitely the first time he struck me as a POLITICIAN trying to cover all his bases.

True.

Can u image what the other candidates would say though?
    Dudes wouldnt and couldnt even address it.

• This guy generally gives a pretty smooth interview, but his defense of hip hop was probably the most convoluted answer I've seen him give. Definitely the first time he struck me as a POLITICIAN trying to cover all his bases.

True.

Can u image what the other candidates would say though?
    Dudes wouldnt and couldnt even address it.

chuch;

and that's why I ride for Obama. I'm not sure why guys are making an issue about his response, what did you expect he's a politician. Guys are GRASPING AT HATE STRAWZ here.