Can some give me a heads up

Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
I am working on a little project for someone.........what is the most they have seen a record go for on ebay I'm talkin dollars .... and can they give me the link...would really appreciate it thanks

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I saw an Acetate of Rocket 88 go for about $80,000 once...I think

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    There was some cracked doo wop 78 that went for $20K someone linked from eBay a long time ago. It was on a pink label.

Some Robert Johnson 78s are worth 10-20K

That Velvet Underground alternate take for their 1st LP test pressing that guy found in a yard sale in Chelsea, NYC is priceless.

Peace

T.N.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    There is also that Kurt Cobain/William S Burroughs master that went for quite a bit of loot.

• ShingalingShingaling 877 Posts
    I saw an Acetate of Rocket 88 go for about $80,000 once...I think

I local guy sold this to the Stax museum for $27,000. He paid $100.

• I am working on a little project for someone.........

what is the most they have seen a record go for on ebay I'm talkin dollars .... and can they give me the link...

would really appreciate it

thanks

http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?top25=all

that is of fairly recent items.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    There was some cracked doo wop 78 that went for $20K someone linked from eBay a long time ago. It was on a pink label.

Some Robert Johnson 78s are worth 10-20K

That Velvet Underground alternate take for their 1st LP test pressing that guy found in a yard sale in Chelsea, NYC is priceless.
    Peace
    T.N.

From what I've heard even the label doesn't want to shell out the money it would take to buy that back. I think the guy is looking into the big name auction houses right now.