Song ID (desperate)

NodusNodus 5 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Sup people, just registered here for a dire question. I asked good ol Soulman but he pointed me here. Understandable, as its a petty affair but here it goes.

In a nut shell, theres a song on the Conmen Veteranos Vol 4,for hopfully those of you familar with that mix. Basically, right toward the begining, at like the 3:30ish mark, a beat comes in. Its like some jazz setup of a nice bass line,a guitar/sitar driving the main melody and some dope drums. The song itself was a favorite of my pops (RiP) and as a shorty i never knew what song it was. So hearing it on that mix really brewed up some emotion and im sure some of you diggers know it off the bat if you heard it. Sadly i dont have any where to host a audio clip of it, though i would if i could. SO basically, if anyone has that Conmen veteranos vol 4, check what i mentioned and let me know if you know what it is.

much appreciation to anyone who responds or helps, been chasing this song for almost a year, just to find the original artist and buy the song/cd/vynil. Anyhow, thanks again

-edit i forgot to mention, the beat last about 45 sec-1min and a guy says over it "no one can tell" and "whos to say which road to go" he only speaks it really, only lyrical content i have to go by as far as that.--

-Nodus

Comments

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    i haven't listened to veteranos in a while but isn't that jj band ?

• NodusNodus 5 Posts
    Not sure, doing some quick checks on that group though. Any info helps mate. If i had a site to host a 15 sec clip i'd do so.

Must..find...song...

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Not sure, doing some quick checks on that group though. Any info helps mate. If i had a site to host a 15 sec clip i'd do so.[/b]

Must..find...song...

Hey, Nodus

You can upload the soundclip at yousendit.com for free, and post the link here.

Peace

• NodusNodus 5 Posts
    Thanks Mooq, heres a try -> http://s27.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=10SM0M7QKAVGM3PTD89QOQP5WA

That is a 1 min clip of the song, anyone who can give me a hand identifying it, many thanks.

-Nodus

-edit. Dam, i noticed the clip plays alittle extra that isnt needed from the mix its from. The first beat that comes on is what im talking about, the mix that comes in after it has no relation. ack.

• Ooooh, that loop from O.C.'s "Jewelz"-- I always wondered about that one myself. Beautiful chords.

• NodusNodus 5 Posts
    Oh yah. OC did sample that, though ive never been to big on OC, i did hear the instrumental played on a dj pns tape a while back.

Now if only i could find someone to ID the original songs band/song name. ect. *cries*

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    i did hear the instrumental played on a dj pns tape a while back.

Well, do you want me to ask him (or one of the other Molemen)? I mean, though, I'd look like a world-class twink for doing it, and the "my friend wanted me to ask you" tag would be even more lame.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    listen to dave. its JJ band. the self titled one on cbs.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    JJ Band - "Changing Face" from the s/t Lp on CBS (Dutch pressing exists - not sure about US pressings). It's not the beginnig of the song, but the part that kicks in after about 1.30 minutes. The beginning is quite different and played at different speed. The whole song is wonderful.

J.J. Band is from Belgium.

MIKE HAWKER and BRIAN BENNET (library guy) produced and composed.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I used to have a fine quality MP3 file of the whole song. I recorded it for a guy from Switzerland who asked about the song 2 years (maybe 1 year) ago.
    SWISS GUY, ARE YOU LURKING? Could you post the MP3?
    Othewise, check Soulseek.

• NodusNodus 5 Posts
    Oh boy, thanks alot fellas. Already checked a couple record stores i kno by phone to see if they had it. Of course they didnt tho =(. Thats a pretty tough song to find even on the Net. Good looking out though, atleast now i know who did it. If any of you see a mp3/wav of it somewhere, Post it/PM me or somthing. I heard a 1 min clip and the guy above me is right on the nose...the initial song is fast and different, and it cuts off before it gets to the slow part. Oh well, thanks a million davesrecords/all who helped.

-nodus

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    contact me if you need the mp3. i could record it again. might take two weeks though. only got my notebook at the moment.

the jj band lp is currently kinda overlooked on eBay. make sure to search it there.