Slim Thug....

KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
is Already Platinum dropping on Tuesday?

Comments

• thats what all the wheatpasted posters around the city lead me to believe...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    the last thing i heard, yes. most of the online spots ive checked are shpping it out tomorrow.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts

Its kinda wack that they took some of my favorite songs from the leaked album off. I'll still cop it though

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I'll still cop it though

• slushslush 691 Posts
    is problematic still on it?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    how's rickets doing? a recent photo would be appreciated. if you had to give that cat a theme song - what would it be?

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    Here's the tracklisting for the CD. There's also gonna be a digipack including a bonus disc with a couple of tracks from Boyz N Blue as well as some chopped & screwed versions. Vinyl should be out next week as well.

1.The Intro - 2:24
    2.Like a Boss - 3:18
    3.3 Kings - 4:50
    4.Diamonds - 3:13
    5.Boyz N Blue - 3:47
    6.I Ain't Heard of That [Remix] - 3:49
    7.Click Clack - 3:30
    8.Everybody Loves a Pimp - 4:19
    9.Already Platinum - 4:45
    10.Ashy to Classy - 3:35
    11.The Interview - 2:44
    12.Playa You Don't Know - 4:28
    13.Miss Mary - 4:26
    14.Incredible Feelin' - 4:35
    15.This Is My Life - 4:09
    16.Dedicate - 4:33

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    is that joint that goes "do... for ... youuuuuu.......i do it for you" on there? thats my jam. i wish it had a better kick drum line, you know, just soemthing a little more, dropping, but its still a nice loop.

is that joint that goes "do... for ... youuuuuu.......i do it for you" on there? thats my jam. i wish it had a better kick drum line, you know, just soemthing a little more, dropping, but its still a nice loop.

I don't think so but that song was the CUT! I play the shit out of it.

15.This Is My Life - 4:09

glad they didn't cut this one

Dropped today!!! Picked up the limited edition for $11.99 brand new.

I noticed the rack at BB here in suburban S.D. was pretty empty, a good sign for the Boss Hogg and Star Trak I guess.

I'm not a huge fan of Jazzie (he is definitely NOT a RAP producer) but the rest was great. Can't say much for the Mr. Rogers C&S either actually but I'm glad the CD turned out the way it did. They improved "This is my life" quite a bit with some minor tweaks, so I'm glad they got some more time to ruminate over the original material. It definitely simmered down to a "more gansta" CD as Slim pointed out in a recent interview.

Where is the Watts C&S version? Saying.....

Also, it's a shame Rick Rubin's cut got dropped (word, dstill808).

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts

Also, it's a shame Rick Rubin's cut got dropped (word, dstill808).

Are you SURE that shit is Rick Rubin (any word on this?) it really sounds like "Rick Rude" to me. And I know drumline loops are so '04, but JEBUS, that shit is the LIK!

Are you SURE that shit is Rick Rubin (any word on this?)

He is saying "Rick Ru"

a google search credits Rubin but I am pretty sure I read an interview there Slim mentions Rubin's name

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    word, thanks. Regardless, I can't believe that shit isn't on the CD. Hottest by far, get's IPOD spins on the weekly (and AT the weekly)

• anyone with a mp3 of this song?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I'm not a huge fan of Jazzie (he is definitely NOT a RAP producer)

He's done some excellent rap records--Ludacris's "Area Codes," Trick Daddy's "In Da Wind," even the T.I. joint (although it didn't really fit on the album)--but he's pretty one-dimensional and his style got tired awhile ago.

I'm not a huge fan of Jazzie (he is definitely NOT a RAP producer)

He's done some excellent rap records--Ludacris's "Area Codes," Trick Daddy's "In Da Wind," even the T.I. joint (although it didn't really fit on the album)--but he's pretty one-dimensional and his style got tired awhile ago.

Twista "Badoonkaduk" Tela "Sho Nuff" Slick Rick "Art of Storytellin" etc.... Dude just gets on my nerves with the self promo. His beats are very dope regardless. That "everybody loves a pimp" is one of my favorite songs on the revised album.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    does the bonus disc have any of the deleted cuts???

i'm kinda mad at some of the replacements...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

It's older stuff off the Boyz n Blue CD.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

It's older stuff off the Boyz n Blue CD.

good eats though...

good eats, tough...

good eats, tough...

good eats, tough...

• Also, it's a shame Rick Rubin's cut got dropped (word, dstill808).

Are you SURE that shit is Rick Rubin (any word on this?) it really sounds like "Rick Rude" to me. And I know drumline loops are so '04, but JEBUS, that shit is the LIK!

I always thought it sounded like he was saying Rick Rube. For Rick Rubin.

sup Norm, good to see you up in hurr