get your priorities rightand get this election crap off my TV

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    and the only way to eat 'em is with lemon and sugar

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

My mellow my man.

Hells to the yes.

• yeah man shrove tuesday, lets get those pancakes on! i reckon brie and chorizo are gonna be making an appearance in my pancake! with a classic lemon and sugar to finish of course.

yeah man shrove tuesday, lets get those pancakes on! i reckon brie and chorizo are gonna be making an appearance in my pancake! with a classic lemon and sugar to finish of course.

er.... isn't that more of a pizza?

maybe some strawberry jam is as freaky as I will get tonight

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Are there no maple trees in the UK?

• yeah man shrove tuesday, lets get those pancakes on! i reckon brie and chorizo are gonna be making an appearance in my pancake! with a classic lemon and sugar to finish of course.

er.... isn't that more of a pizza?

maybe some strawberry jam is as freaky as I will get tonight

man savoury toppings are its at!

@ great blue hills - maple syrup is not that big over here plus i fear you are thinking of the american pancake i should really have called them crepes. i reckon some folks will be drowning theres in golden syrup though!

Are there no maple trees in the UK?

Yes, and we make furniture out of them. Or guitars.
    The syrup makes me want to puke.
    Sorry for being so graphic on a feast day.

you are thinking of the american pancake i should really have called them crepes.

Yeah, I was talking about these:

I didn't know crepes were referred to as pancakes over there. Here's a question for you???what do you call these?

• i got up way early today so i could vote before work and ended up having too much extra time. i wish it occurred to me to have pancakes.

you are thinking of the american pancake i should really have called them crepes.

Yeah, I was talking about these:

I didn't know crepes were referred to as pancakes over there. Here's a question for you???what do you call these?

I would call these toasted muffins

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Here's a question for you???what do you call these?

Looks like a muffin to me.

I didn't even know it was shrove tuesday today, better put my blue peter pancake making into effect tonight I think.

Oh yeah, lemon and sugar is obviously the traditionalists choice but you can make a mean savoury pancake as well with cheese, onion, bacon, tomato and anything else you want to clog your arteries with.

Word? The funny part is, that's kind of a cheesy joke here in the states (In England, are English muffins just called muffins?). If that's a muffin, what do you call this?

Word? The funny part is, that's kind of a cheesy joke here in the states (In England, are English muffins just called muffins?). If that's a muffin, what do you call this?

thats a muffin.

what would you call this:

funny language this english...

i do love me a tasty wee crumpet as well...

or is she a wench?

who knows.

what would you call this:

That appears to be a McDonalds egg McMuffin. The bread part, however, is an English muffin.

i do love me a tasty wee crumpet as well...

See, that looks like an English muffin to me too. Does it taste different than the English muffin seen above?

or is she a wench?

who knows.

She appears to be a hot waitress, or "server" if you're being politically correct. But if she were making breakfast the next morning, you might refer to her as "muffin." Muffin is also a slang term for vagina, as evidenced by the Aerosmith line, "you ain't seen nothing ???til you been down on a muffin." "Muff" for short.

• hahahaha, this conversation turned into something great. whatever you wanna call em, the american pancake is king. whether with syrup, or strawberries, or codine, or lemon & sugar, you can't go wrong...it's always a win - win combination

speaking of regional dialects again, where's my aussies?...

"YOU CALL THADDA KNOYFE?....THEES IS A KNOYFE!"

...no, that's a spoon.

"OI, I SEE YOU'VE PLAYED KNOYFEY-SPOONY BEFOA"

holler if you hear me

She appears to be a hot waitress, or "server" if you're being politically correct. But if she were making breakfast the next morning, you might refer to her as "muffin." Muffin is also a slang term for vagina, as evidenced by the Aerosmith line, "you ain't seen nothing ???til you been down on a muffin." "Muff" for short.

Yeah, i was going to write "id like to butter her muffin" and then i did and it felt creepy.

it still does but im over it.

you familier with these?:

Formally known as love handles, The MuffinTop.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

you familier with these?:

Oh yeah???much more familiar than I'd like to be. Hot pants on un-hot women are un-hot pants. I don't understand how people don't get that.

Do you know this guy?

Do you know this guy?

That is some nasty ish.

Back to the pancakes:

i was always a thick pancake kinda guy, i liked my pancakes the American way, now after living in Europe for the past 7, i have to say, im leaning toward the uberthin crepe. the Dutch Pannenkoek is middle gorund, but HUGE. they get down with bacon and 'appel stroop' which tastes like burnt maple syrup to me (Hi Jef).

Anyways, we were given a bottle of real deal holyfield Canadian maple syrup made in Canadia and i f uckin loved that smokey goodness.

now what about pikelets?

NO, PikeLETS.

Do you know this guy?

That is some nasty ish.

Actually, I have no idea what's up with that movie, but there's a song called "Do You Know The Muffin Man." It's an old lullaby. I think T Pain has a guest verse on it.

Back to the pancakes:

i was always a thick pancake kinda guy, i liked my pancakes the American way, now after living in Europe for the past 7, i have to say, im leaning toward the uberthin crepe. the Dutch Pannenkoek is middle gorund, but HUGE. they get down with bacon and 'appel stroop' which tastes like burnt maple syrup to me (Hi Jef).

I've only ever really gotten down with Pancakes: American Style. I know???how very American of me. That's how we roll, though. And not in the crepe sense of the term. Can't fox with ???em too much these days though. I'm pushing 30 and my body doesn't dig on 1500 calories of carbs for breakfast anymore.

Anyways, we were given a bottle of real deal holyfield Canadian maple syrup made in Canadia and i f uckin loved that smokey goodness.

REALEST THING YOU EVER WROTE. WHAT YOU KNOW ???BOUT DIPPIN YO SAUSAGE IN THAT SURUP, SON? MAD PASUE PLUS AYO ON THE DELICIOUS TIP.

now what about pikelets?

NO, PikeLETS.

You mean these dudes?

Oh, and I dare any of you to call these people and tell they have the worst band name ever. They're begging for it. Putting their phone number on that picture is a cry for help.

"Do You Know The Muffin Man." It's an old lullaby. I think T Pain has a guest verse on it.

I knows it well. T Pain... Nice.

Now, back to the pikelets:

Now, back to the pikelets:

Seems like a lot of work to track down a live bunny just for serving purposes. Is it one pikelet per bunny, or can you stack those bad boys?

Seems like a lot of work to track down a live bunny just for serving purposes. Is it one pikelet per bunny, or can you stack those bad boys?

I normally use a bigger rabbit so i can pile 'em on, and if you cant get your hands on a bunny, you caould always do like they do on the isle of Man and grab a cat.

But on special occasions a baby bunny is better.

The only drawback is the little fuckers have a nasty habit of soaking up all the syrup... i have experimented with shaving my bunnies but the results were less than satisfactory, and dont even get me started on shaved cat;

That is simultaneously one of the best and worst things I've ever seen.

And to bring things full-circle, a "shaved kitten" is a slang term for a vagina.