Otis Funkmeyer on TV Tonight!! ( Bkln Saturday!)

Otis_FunkmeyerOtis_Funkmeyer 1,321 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
The Otis Funkmeyer Band will be featured on the local talent segment of "Across the Hudson", a Hoboken, NJ local cable show:Tonight, July 7th at 8pmHudson County Cablevision channel 18.There will be an interview with yours truly (I hope I don't come off as too much of a record geek) and then we'll play two songs, including our soon-to-be-released single "Why Are You Refusing My Love"One will be at the start of the show, and the other towards the end, about 8:50.It will also be on Sunday July 10 at 10pm on:Hudson County Cablevision channel 18Union and Morris County Comcast channel 27Bergen County Time Warner channel 10Meadowlands Comcast channel 73 (with a box) and 65 (w/o)I'm going to be watching it tonight at Mulligan's Bar (1st ave bet. Garden and Bloomfield), a short walk from the Hoboken PATH station, so join me there if you can.In about a week or so, the segment will be archived on www.acrossthehudson.com for those of you who live outside of the the northern NJ area.In a related note, if you would like to see us play in person, we're playing this Saturday!The Otis Funkmeyer Band Featuring Leslie Rochelle Saturday July 9 at 8pm Galapagos Art Space 70 North 6th Street between Kent and Wythe Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY 11211718 782-5188http://www.galapagosartspace.com/$5We're doing a 1 hour set, so get there early, and be sure to tell the door guy you're there to see Otis.

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    someone please TiVO this.

• someone please TiVO this.

I'm getting a copy on DVD, I'll get you one. Plus I'm also getting all the raw footage (we did 5 songs) from all 3 cameras, so maybe I'll make a video or something.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    maybe I'll make a video or something.

• maybe I'll make a video or something.

I said "video". Not "viDIO"

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    maybe I'll make a video or something.

I said "video". Not "viDIO"

zing!

Remember, S****N, the camera adds 20 lbs. So wear a thin guitar.

• hell yeah!

gets yours otis. the only time i saw your band live, you guys killed it.

plaese to post video in the future.

• hell yeah!

gets yours otis. the only time i saw your band live, you guys killed it.

plaese to post video in the future.

Thanks! Video will def. be posted.

btw - Raj and I are headed to the midwest this month, let's hang mang!
    Raj - I got those days off

• btw - Raj and I are headed to the midwest this month, let's hang mang!
    nice! let me know the dates

• Yeah, just my rotten luck that you guys are hittin it big & I'm no longer in the band. Hahaha

Yo, S***e, see if you can hit me off w/ a DVD. Gotta see this ish...

Props

• So I saw it last night and it came out really well!! The producer chose different songs than the ones I expected, but they were good choices - I Don't Want Your Love (Barbara Howard) and You Hit The Spot, Baby (Gloria Walker). The interview was short and sweet and the editing of the videos was very professional. The host gave us great introductions with his thick NJ accent.

Video will be on www.acrossthehudson.com on SUNDAY, and the show will be on tv again sunday at 10pm in other north jersey counties (see above for stations).

F**d - TV definitely adds some weight, and bright lights above your head can make a balding head look very shiny

Hope to see some of you at Galapagos tomorrow!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    what time do you go on tomorrow?

• We're supposed to play from 8 to 9 (but you know how these things go, it'll be more like 8:30-9:30)