Jeremy Beadle

skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
Jeremy Beadle RIP, charity worker extraordinaireBut who dies of pneumonia in 2008? Insane.....Give that man a Lemsip

Comments

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Couldn't stand his TV programmes but gather that he was a genuinely nice fella and did an unbelievable amount for charity. A big hand for Beadle.

Pneumonia's been on the rise for a while - lots of people succumb, especially when they have other health problems (in remission from cancer and recurrent leukemia in Beadle's case).

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    the amount he raised for Leukemia research cannot be sniffed at by anyone, not even Sir James of Saville.
    My ma met JB and said he was a truly wonderful person.
    Not that her opinion holds too much weight, she married my dad

You're right, the programmes stank.
    But I can't reconcile the saintly man and the dross bilge turd TV shite.

And now it's bothering me.

• Fate obviously dealt him a bad hand.

Fate obviously dealt him a bad hand.

wicked post...but good

he'll have to be replaced on lead guitar in the all-star bad band now though...

current members:
    MC: Pete from Big Brother
    Flute: Paris Hilton - though may need a couple of spares for the gig
    Posh Spice: a drumstick
    Professor Stephen Hawking: Vocoder (no mic needed, just plug into an amp, watch out for feedback)

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    When DJ Format, Abdominal & MC D-Sisive played the Welsh Club they did this improv freestyle thing where people put words into a hat and the MC's make a rhyme out of them, some smartass wrote down "Jeremy Beadle" and when it was pulled MC D-Sisive stepped up with something along the lines of.
    "Just because I'm Canadian you don't think I'll understand, that ya boy Jeremy Beadles got a fucked up hand"

• did anyone see the cover of The Sun, they once again push the literary boundaries with some headline like 'Beadles Not About'?
    Good to see the tabloids still keep taste at the top of their agenda!

When DJ Format, Abdominal & MC D-Sisive played the Welsh Club they did this improv freestyle thing where people put words into a hat and the MC's make a rhyme out of them, some smartass wrote down "Jeremy Beadle" and when it was pulled MC D-Sisive stepped up with something along the lines of.
    "Just because I'm Canadian you don't think I'll understand, that ya boy Jeremy Beadles got a fucked up hand"

ah.... that's very, very good