Superfly Records

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
http://www.superflyrecords.com/liste/?news=1where does he get those wonderful toys?

Comments

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    I'd buy a VG record off of Paulo anyday.

Anybody on here end buying that fanclub edition of Bobby Williams?

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Yeah, I was a bit shocked when I went through the list from his newsletter. I've bought some great stuff from him in the past.

• after being burned on condition on brazilian joints offa ebay, he is pretty much the only dude I buy Brazilian stuff online from anymore...has the good stuff, priced pretty fairly and graded well...you cant go wrong...

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Geeze man - whata list. The prices always seem to be just a bit more than I'm prepared to pay in stuff. can't front on the selection though.

Faaarrrrrkkkk.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    he used to buy on ebay (marcofunk)

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    I've bought african records from him both from the website and his ebay listings. All great stuff and If I had the money I would go crazy with the raer soul/funk. I love the fact he always has sound clips for every record.

• Superfly and Record Mania run this internet record shit. Record Mania had a crazy update a couple weeks ago! They must have bought out a great collectro.

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    Dude is a class act. Grading is great and his prices are better than most high-end online dealers. He works hard to get records and it shows.

My only complaint is the dollar/euro exchange rate =

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Amazing list from a great seller. Expensive, yes, but worth it. So many good records to be had there, it boggles the mind.

Since I know I'm not going to have the money for it in the near future, I highly recommend that Funkees LP on the list.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    Dude is a class act. Grading is great and his prices are better than most high-end online dealers. He works hard to get records and it shows.

My only complaint is the dollar/euro exchange rate =

300 Euro = $445.274

Plus my wonderful bank charges me a conversion fee when buying something in euros. double

I just ordered something off the new list.

Not telling what!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I just ordered something off the new list.

Not telling what!

The list and the prices are outta control, but I guess that's what you pay for quality selection and service. Damn, I wonder which collectro he bought out?

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Pretty ill update man! To bad ANYTHING I wanted was long gone. Paulo is my dude.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    damn, i only have TWO of those records. if only i had some cash right now.......

damn, i only have TWO of those records. if only i had some cash right now.......

I'll have 14 if I also get the one I ordered!

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

Somebody grab that Optimistics LP!

• kalakala 3,361 Posts

I'll have 14 if I also get the one I ordered!

Anyone know if there's a connection between superfly and diaspora? A lot of their stock seems to overlap at times.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    2 different dudes.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Once upon a time I had so many sealed copies of that HP Noel LP I didn't know what to do with them. If I had sold them for 90 euros I'd be a wealthy man! I never did care for it. Talking about which HP Noel album is the rarest is kind of pointless; both of them are obscure, both of them aren't very good.

• If I had sold them for 90 euros I'd be a wealthy man! I never did care for it.

yeah but you got over a $100 bucks from a overly anxious and pissed off about being outbid so many times dude for a common Wilson Simonal LP about 5 years ago!

• Where was I when the first Meters album became a $150 record?

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    If I had sold them for 90 euros I'd be a wealthy man! I never did care for it.

yeah but you got over a $100 bucks from a overly anxious and pissed off about being outbid so many times dude for a common Wilson Simonal LP about 5 years ago!

I'd forgotten about that! Someday we'll meet and I'll buy you dinner as thanks.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    Where was I when the first Meters album became a $150 record?

Always been hovering around 100 give or take the idiot error.

• Where was I when the first Meters album became a $150 record?

Always been hovering around 100 give or take the idiot error.

Then I got mine from an idiot (makes note to self....)