Peruvian dealer czech: Cesar Meza?

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
Anyone ever deal with Cesar Beltran Meza, a Peruvian dealer who sells under the name otramalditanoche?100% feedback (131 scores). Should have been legit but I've been waiting on 2 LPs from him after five weeks of waiting and he sent me a tracking # which doesn't show up in either the Peruvian mail service (which he claimed to use) nor does USPS have any record of it entering into their system. NAGL.He wrote to say the album shipped 1/8 and was attempted on 1/11, but no one was home (USPS has no record of this). Normally, with such good feedback, I wouldn't get suspicious but some of this seems kind of shady to me, namely that it took him three weeks to ship the package and that, it only took four days for the package to arrive (even though, originally, he wrote to say it would take at least 8-12 days).

Comments

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I'm officially done with Peruvian dealers... been jacked twice by 2 different guys who used to be reliable. It's like they all turned shady at the same time.

I don't recognize that name, though, so I can't help you out there.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I've had a very good relationship with one guy - Paul Can (perurarities or something like that)?

He's never been anything but straight up with me and when my man went down to Peru, Paul took him around and hooked him up. Dude even trusted me with $500 when he was moving money between paypal accounts!

Could have tooken the $$$ and ran but I believe in karma (that plus he has my address in America. oof)

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Yeah, you are better off buying a plane ticket if you really want records from South America it seems.

I don't understand how that Almedarecords guy is still selling after the whole disappearing auctions debacle. Didn't most people not get their records? I'm glad I got outbid.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Yeah, you are better off buying a plane ticket if you really want records from South America it seems.

I don't understand how that Almedarecords guy is still selling after the whole disappearing auctions debacle. Didn't most people not get their records? I'm glad I got outbid.

Naw, I think dude turned out to be legit. I know someone else on the Strut got their goods and dude continues to get new, positive feedback.

I really have never ever had a problem with a Peruvian package.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    I've bought from this dude with no issues before. Sometimes shit is just SLOOOW from Peru.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I've had a very good relationship with one guy - Paul Can (perurarities or something like that)?

He's never been anything but straight up with me and when my man went down to Peru, Paul took him around and hooked him up. Dude even trusted me with $500 when he was moving money between paypal accounts!

Could have tooken the $$$ and ran but I believe in karma (that plus he has my address in America. oof)

raritiespe--dude handles his business properly.

• I've bought from this dude with no issues before. Sometimes shit is just SLOOOW from Peru.

in my country there is problem, and this problem is transpoooooort.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

Naw, I think dude turned out to be legit. I know someone else on the Strut got their goods and dude continues to get new, positive feedback.

I really have never ever had a problem with a Peruvian package.

• Much shadiness going down south of the border. South american A HREF="http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=vinilocarnal200&&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&sspagename=VIP:feedback:2:us&iid=120216957746">shady feedback cartel.

Subject: You've received an answer to your question about item PHAROAH SANDERS INDIA NAVIGATOR 1027 12" RECORD US 1977 Received: Jan-31-08
    To: ***************
    ItemId: 120216957746
    This message was reported.
    eBay eBay sent this message to ****** ******* (***************).
    Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.
    Seller has responded to your question about this item
    Do not respond to the sender if this message requests that you complete the transaction outside of eBay. This type of offer is against eBay policy, may be fraudulent, and is not covered by buyer protection programs. Learn More.
    Dear ***************,

It seems ou have problem or something,
    if something happens to my account I??ll take all the time I want(and I spend a loooooot of time in front of this pc) and fuck up your account.
    Stay away from me prick!