HARDWOOD (Basketball Documentary Related)

d_wordd_word 666 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
FINALLY got the chance to see this tonight.It is GOOD!Only 30 minutes long - it's about an ol' Harlem Globetrotter that left his first family in Chicago to hook up with a new one in Vancouver. It's about family. And the background is basketball. There's crying and there's great shots of basketball courts. It was nominated for an Oscar last year - AND it's about my hometown too. Anybody seen it yet? link

Comments

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    Nobody?!?

Oh. Okay.

Well y'all should check for it!!!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I know this film well. I worked on it. I agree, it is very good and beautifully shot. The story has many universal elements - family, Canadian and American relations, interracial relations, single mothers, forgiveness, feeling like you never fit in, men who communicate and bond with each other through sports, on and on. It deserved the Oscar nomination (whatever that means...I guess I mean the recognition that comes with it...). The director is good people, too.

Folks should try to catch it.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    sounds good. so this is showing in theatres right now?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I doubt it, unless it's in a festival. It's only 30 minutes long. PBS aired it or is going to - try checking the website for dates.