LA Weed Vending Machines Etc...

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
so i am seeing this all over the news. vending machines with weed in them for people who have medical marijuana prescriptions.just how easy/hard is it to actually get a prescription out there?? is irritable bowel syndrome a valid case? back pain?anyone have any experience?i am just curious. does one doctors visit prove that you are in pain? or does there have to be a shitload of testing done to prove you are worthy of such a benefit?are people gonna get jacked around the corner from these vending machines for their "meds"??

Comments

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I know several people with cards. Everyone of them is working the system.

• It's too easy, but I'll never get one. The most I'll do is get a doctors note so I can carry mine legally. Fuck going to those places, putting my ID on file.

I live a block away from 2, used to be 3, dispensaries, and I've seen the feds hit them at least 3 times. That feds take paperwork, cash, weed. So if you go to one of these places the feds have your name.

They just open up the next day because they are raking in millions. All day weed marts. My city (WEHO) is in support of these places but trying to figure out how to regulate them without creating an incriminating paper trail is the hard part. They should be paying more in taxes, etc, but there's no way those places would be honest about how much $$$ they make.

I am in support of these places because a lot of sick people do use them. Better they be corrupt, than not at all (for sick people)

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    My man is facing 4 F's from (mis)managing one of those spots. A card couldn't hurt, but be easy if anyone is thinking about setting up shop.

• I recently met a woman who runs one in Sacramento. They were recently robbed by armed goonies. She still drives her S500 Benz and needless to say now employs armed gaurds. Crazy schitt. I also know several people who are members of ''Compassionate Caregivers'' as i believe its called and they are all working the system and selling their homegrown meds to non members. What a world...

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    I used to have a referal a year and a half ago. My stepsister who lives up in the Bay Area told me about them. She grows trees for these places as a side gig. I love having extended family who's down with the herb! Anyhow, you bribe a doctor at a dedicated place ($100 or so "co-pay") and explain your situation. I came up with a cock-and-bull story about having despression and stomach issues (only slightly true, but nothing serious). After the novelty wore out for me, I just let it expire after 9 months. I'm guessing that AIDS/cancer/whatever patients have a neverending referal, whereas Johnny Teenager who comes in with a broken arm from skateboarding only gets 3 months before they have to be renewed. I stopped because of the personal info factor, but it was mainly because I felt dirty about abusing a system who really needed it. That, and they got really happy with raising prices just because they have bud with a certain flashy strain name. I used to buy into that, but it's all the same shit, really. Now that the holy roller old farts in power are more than aware of these places, I think they're on the way out anyway. It's a shame. This medical marijuana legalization "one foot in the door" movement really does more harm than good for it's own cause.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Here in San Diego you didn't have to put an ID on file. All records were confidential and cash paid. I knew some people that paid with credit cards.

• I knew some people that paid with credit cards.