The Elvis Mix

jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
It had to be done. Has it been done? Well I wanted to do it. I never liked Elvis, but 50 million Elvis fans can't be wrong. I actually found some Elvis songs I liked. Actually, I found a bunch, and I wanted to throw 'em all together into a non-stop compilation/mix joint. Yes hip hoppers, there are drums. There are even breaks. I started the mix with the most popular one, got that out of the way, and took it from there. This mix has funk, and soul, and rock n roll, and all that good stuff.Like most of my mixes, this is amateur hour. Most of you serious dudes have heard all this before, but this was for me and people that never bothered to give Elvis a chance. So let me wade through the bullshit for you and present what I found to be the more tolerable Elvis Presley music.Enjoy!77.6 MB56:33192kbpshttp://rapidshare.com/files/87453516/jaymack_-_elvis_mix.mp31. A Little Less Conversation (2:10)2. Hey, Hey, Hey (2:30)3. Night Life (1:50)4. It Feels So Right (2:12)5. What's She Really Like (2:17)6. Change Of Habit (3:19)7. Put The Blame On Me (1:58)8. All I Needed Was The Rain (1:49)9. Stranger In My Own Home Town (4:20)10. Beach Boy Blues (2:03)11. Gonna Get Back Home Somehow (2:28)12. Animal Instinct (2:14)13. Let Yourself Go (3:00)14. Sumer Kisses Winter Tears (Movie Version) (1:31)15. Clean Up Your Own Backyard (Undubbed Version) (3:07)16. Rubberneckin' (2:09)17. The Next Step Is Love (3:31)18. Put Your Hand In The Hand (3:17)19. We Can Make The Morning (3:56)20. I've Got Confidence (2:22)21. If You Don't Come Back (2:31)22. I Got A Feelin' In My Body (3:36)23. If You Talk In Your Sleep (2:27)

Comments

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    You make interesting mixes. I look forward to this introduction to elvis.

• I never really liked Elvis but Im listening to it now. Who used that song that starts on 10:35? I know, I know...

Is it DJ Format or something? No, cant remember...

I still listen to that Easy Mo Bee mix. Good stuff. Are you planning more of those type of mixes? Maybe one with D/R Period?

Thanks,

Dress

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    I still listen to that Easy Mo Bee mix. Good stuff. Are you planning more of those type of mixes? Maybe one with D/R Period?

Thanks.
    I have a new producer mix that ive been meaning to get to, but i just havent got around to it. as for dr period i dont know much about him, i'd have to do some research on his catalogue.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    I never really liked Elvis but Im listening to it now. Who used that song that starts on 10:35? I know, I know...

Is it DJ Format or something? No, cant remember...

no, youre right, it is DJ format. and this mix is Frickin' awesome, nice work!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    still waiting for the Marina II mix.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    still waiting for the Marina II mix.

i'm afraid of the sophomore jinx.
    i was hoping to go out on a good note, like george costanza, but people aren't forgetting about the sequel.
    i will try to do a follow up that won't pale in comparison, but it's gonna be tough.