EBAY PROBLEMS - RR

guy_alcindorguy_alcindor 621 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Okay, so won a record (Airto - Virgin Land, btw, which is real noice), and seller first says, going on vacation, delay of at least five days... then two weeks later, still no record, get a form email stating he has now undergone sudden surgery, and record will be delayed at least another week. Now it's coming up close to a month... do I hit the panic button and try to get a refund from Paypal, or wait it out? He hasn't left me pos feedback, either. To me, it seems bizarre to go on vacation and have sudden surgery all in one week, although stranger things have happened...

Comments

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    it seems bizarre

sounds scammer-ish

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Check up with other people who won his auctions and see if they are encountering the same problem. See if they have taken action yet and what the results of doing so were.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    it seems bizarre

sounds scammer-ish

Sounds Brazilian-dealer-ish.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    This is not what is meant by RR.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    This is not what is meant by RR.

EBAY PROBLEMS - R(ecord) R(elated)

voluntary dyslexia:

switch 'record' with 'ebay' and it's all good.

• This is not what is meant by RR.

Thanks for clearing that up.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    If i were in your position, I'd be putting that paypal complaint in quick-smart.

Son, don't risk it.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Okay, so won a record (Airto - Virgin Land, btw, which is real noice), and seller first says, going on vacation, delay of at least five days... then two weeks later, still no record, get a form email stating he has now undergone sudden surgery, and record will be delayed at least another week. Now it's coming up close to a month... do I hit the panic button and try to get a refund from Paypal, or wait it out? He hasn't left me pos feedback, either. To me, it seems bizarre to go on vacation and have sudden surgery all in one week, although stranger things have happened...

Homey, send me a record with a nice drumbreak on it and I'll send you an Airto...

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    What kind of feedback does the dude have?

If it seems out of character for his feedback, he might be legit so give him a little longer.

If not, say 'okay, well can I have some positive feeback for my prompt payment plaese' and when he does, give him some negative shit. Dudes gotta laern!

Be careful cause he might try and drag it out till after the time when you cant give him any feedback for his sins. (I thats after 60 days, you cant leave feeback for an item - can anyone confirm this?)

• leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts
    yo, i had an ebay seller recently tell me that he had to have sudden surgery and that he'd have the record out by the beginning of this week, so i'm not even gonna start worrying yet. his feedback is 99.1 on over 2500 transactions.(i do want my damn record though!)

is it 'classicstogo'?

• Correct, it is classicstogo. I'm not THAT worried, BUT, there's pretty much no recourse after a month has passed from your paypal payment, as I don't consider leaving negative feedback very good recourse - I mean, sure, it's not great getting it, but in the end it's the dolla that matters. And how is it that he's still managing to list items, yet NOT be able to mail shit out? A bit strange. Powersellers should have their shit under control, IMO.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    That's what, a $10 record? Why worry about the small stuff? Anyway, I think I have a couple of those around; send me some menstruating women in the forest music and I'll hook you up.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I have a couple of available copies also.

• GET OFF THE DUDES BALLZ HALF OF EUROPE AND ALL OVER ARE ON VACATION DURING THE MONTHS OF JULY AND AUGUST AND SURGERY COULD MEAN SOMETHING AS SIMPLY AS A WART ON HIS BALLZ BUT WHO KNOWS HE COULD BE THE SECOND COMING OF ALAN RADWILL SO HOLLA

• NO HITTING PANIC BUTTONS OVER ARITO ON BUDDAH. SERIOUS BIDSNIZZ IS A MONTH OVERDUE AND I'M CHILLIN LIKE A VILLAN. OLD SCHOOL GOLDMINE HEADS KNOW THE DEAL. IF YOU THINK ALAN RADWILL IS A BONER HOLLA.

GET OFF THE DUDES BALLZ HALF OF EUROPE AND ALL OVER ARE ON VACATION DURING THE MONTHS OF JULY AND AUGUST AND SURGERY COULD MEAN SOMETHING AS SIMPLY AS A WART ON HIS BALLZ BUT WHO KNOWS HE COULD BE THE SECOND COMING OF ALAN RADWILL SO HOLLA

Warts on the balls are no joke! A buddy of mine just had some removed with nitro, but I think it wasn't warts as much as STDs. His cahones were black for ten days, which of course was fantastic for me, because I could make endless jokes about him being blackballed.

• WARTS ARE NO JOKE? ALAN RADWILLS CONDITION IS NO JOKE. SWEAT A BUDDA TITLE AND YER HAIRLINE MAKES LIKE STEVE KUHN. MALIBU COKE PARTY AFTERMATH. GOLD CHAIN WONT EVEN CHEER YOU UP. LOOK FOR ME ON PCH. I WILL BE THE GUY IN THE LIGHT BLUE 914. MONCRANE IN THE HOUSE. POETRY MAN RULES. LATER YOU HIP HOP BUNGHOLES. HOLLA.

• DANNO3000 IN THE MUDAFUGGIN HOUSE

• Hate to burst yer bubble there AP, but this here LP's on Salvation... which brings us that much closer to the second coming. Alan who?

• VagabondVagabond 417 Posts
    WARTS ARE NO JOKE? ALAN RADWILLS CONDITION IS NO JOKE. SWEAT A BUDDA TITLE AND YER HAIRLINE MAKES LIKE STEVE KUHN. MALIBU COKE PARTY AFTERMATH. GOLD CHAIN WONT EVEN CHEER YOU UP. LOOK FOR ME ON PCH. I WILL BE THE GUY IN THE LIGHT BLUE 914. MONCRANE IN THE HOUSE. POETRY MAN RULES. LATER YOU HIP HOP BUNGHOLES. HOLLA.

Drunk posting on the Soulstrut forums, in the mo-fu-reekin house beeyotcheezes.yeah...................so shit-yeah................????

• WURD

• deepbrntdeepbrnt 241 Posts
    haha, i have no idea wtf you guys are talking about, but that sweat a budda title steve kuhn malibu coke party holla shit is kinda hard. youre on some don johnson pink loafer shit. anthonypearson is like bizarro world ghostface.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    IF YOU THINK ALAN RADWILL IS A BONER HOLLA.

HOLLA

DANNO3000 IN THE MUDAFUGGIN HOUSE

AP, I got an email from the lady with the collection--maybe there's still potential.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Get the $$$ from paypal. You can always straighten things out with the seller.

h

Hey Guy, I got another copy of this. If you don't mind a Canadian pressing, you're welcome to this one. I can never sell these for much, largely because it's a seriously mediocre album. I need to remember that before I drop a buck on the next one I see.

• I might take you up... after I see what happens with this transaction. BTW, "Peasant Dance" is a seriously heavy track, although, yes, the rest of the album is fairly mediocre. Definite one-tracker.