Record dudes and BO

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
seriously people... what will it take to make these dudes realize that that extra $10 a month wont really dent their music budget?i'm working in Good and this dude walks in today. stinks up the whole store. soo bad that people walked in started gimmacing. i opened up the door and window, let it air out, and DUDE COMES BACK! I almost wanted to tell him to go to the cvs before he could come in. he didnt even drop any $$.

Comments

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    some cats dont use soap and some wont use deodorant. i have homies that wont use deodorant for whatever reason. sometimes you just gotta let a motherfucker know they smell bad... or let your nose get used to the bodyfunk.

• I hate that shit. Usually wearing some old, stinky chucks that they refuse to replace. Disgusting.

• And these dudes' b.o. tends to be of the Lipton Onion Soup variety.

You know what I'm talmbout.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    hey it's hard for the homeless to shower

• some cats dont use soap and some wont use deodorant. i have homies that wont use deodorant for whatever reason. sometimes you just gotta let a motherfucker know they smell bad... or let your nose get used to the bodyfunk.

i dont use deodorant cuz it gives me a rash. i have sensitive skin. but i also smell wonderful so i guess im blessed.

• hey it's hard for the homeless to shower

sad thing is, most these guys aren't homeless. They're rich kids, rebelling against cleanliness, that represents selling out, or something.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    This is possibly one of the worst things about digging, there was a stinky dude in th store this morning as a matter of fact, made me want to dry-retch everywhere. So gross, just shower for gawd's sake.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Amoeba LA.

- spidey

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    seriously people... what will it take to make these dudes realize that that extra $10 a month wont really dent their music budget?

i'm working in Good and this dude walks in today. stinks up the whole store. soo bad that people walked in started gimmacing. i opened up the door and window, let it air out, and DUDE COMES BACK! I almost wanted to tell him to go to the cvs before he could come in. he didnt even drop any $$.

After the no money spent thing, and the return of the funky man, I'd think it would be fine to tell hommie he's stinking up the joint.
    Plus it's NYC, a good "Yo you stinky son!" wouldn't really be out of place, right?

On a personal note I haven't run into a stinky stinky in a record store in some time,
    they do come out like stink on shit for the record shows though.

• some cats dont use soap and some wont use deodorant. i have homies that wont use deodorant for whatever reason. sometimes you just gotta let a motherfucker know they smell bad... or let your nose get used to the bodyfunk.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

"Did somebody fart in here ?" "I dunno, but if they do it might smell better!"

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts

sad thing is, most these guys aren't homeless. They're rich kids, rebelling against cleanliness, that represents selling out, or something.

yo,man have you ever had someone walk pass you and the smell of shit hits you after they walk away.later on you realize it was a chick!!!!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

• just seeing the title of this thread made me laugh.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

yo,man have you ever had someone walk pass you and the smell of shit hits you after they walk away.later on you realize it was a chick!!!!

Funk knows no gender.

• why is it always the old psych/proggy heads?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    B.O. is the worst, that shit hangs around.

i used to work in a record store where the manager was the one with the problem. it was nasty.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    why is it always the old psych/proggy heads?

And the old Beatles/Stones/Zeplin collectors too. I don't notice it so much in shops, but when the fairs are on it's a freaking stinkfest.

Far worse than that though is what my girl has to go through when she comes to fairs with me. Half the dudes there are acting like they been in jail for 25 and haven't seen a woman in a long time. I've even been asked where my g/f was when I was there one time without her!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    hit up [email]d@nnys[/email] in chicago tonight and now w/ the smoking ban this 'bo' is everywhere

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I've even been asked where my g/f was when I was there one time without her!

Fuck. That. Dude.

That is just plain rude and in my book warrants a smack in the head.

• I used to work with a guy whose breath smelled like all he ever ate was scotch and salami soup, brewed in a dirty ashtray, and the dude NEVER SHUT THE F*CK UP...

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

there are a few white rasta dudes in nyc who are working on some vintage stench from the eighties

• oh hells yes. I met my girl at the last swap at Botanica and we did a 360 after about getting 10 feet past the door.

• honestly, i'm more concerned with "psych teeth". these dudes got some yellow cake plaque build up like you wouldnt believe. which obviously ties in to shitloaf breath

then again, thee have been some early morning digging adventures where i roll out of bed and roll, not giving a fuck if i stink or not. sorry!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    then again, thee have been some early morning digging adventures where i roll out of bed and roll, not giving a fuck if i stink or not. sorry!
    oh no doubt, i'm sure my morning breath has been in FULL effect at some of these shows and fleas, but it aint a lifestyle decision, knawmsayn?

some of these fools are rocking BO like a motif. That shit don't happen in one day, you know?

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

That's the best thing about fairs/fleas you can be stanking like ass crack, cigarettes, and stale beer
    from the night before and you'll still smell like some Drakkar Noir compared to Mr. 70 year old super
    sweaty Monkees collector.

Not really record dude related....

but would you rather someone smell like BO or
    have them bathed in cologne?

oh no doubt, i'm sure my morning breath has been in FULL effect at some of these shows and fleas, but it aint a lifestyle decision, knawmsayn?

You don't go to a record convention looking like something out of Dapper Digger Daily. That's just understood! Who the hell you gonna impress? I'll still take a bath - I do that everytime I leave the house - but there's no way anybody with sense is gonna throw on their "fine vines" just to dig through a crate of scratchy 45's.

A lot of those doo-woppers were boycotting soap back when the prog heads were still in nursery school. I don't want to signify, but some of those guys look like they ain't had no lovin' since love had THEM. Yet they collect the sappiest, most romantic vocal group ballads known to man...

• you're getting into some underneath bins or something, I always start to notice my own funk.

yo, thats the worst. you bust a crouch down to get at some dollar crates and you get a big whiff of your own sweatty ass crack! not cool.

even worse when youre at a show and youre in the underbins and some stank ass person hovers over you.

• I've definitely experienced the phenomenon of dudes ripping gnarly farts at record shows as an effort to fend off other diggers.