new early sunday night NJ party

DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
edited July 2005 in Announcements
new sunday night party in asbury park, nj starting 07.10 @ 5pm the SUNDAY TIGHTEN UP[/b] deep funk, soul, rare grooves and 90's hip hop spun by dj prestige. bowling, tots, corn dogs, PBR, drink specials, and fun.... all to music like gangstarr, stevie wonder, rufus thomas, and other assorted gemswww.djprestige.comwww.asburylanes.com

Comments

• Cool! When did this come about??

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    dammit! wish i could be there. have fun prestige and funky16corners!!

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    i did a trial run without promotion the last few weeks..and it did well, $$wise. realize this will be the first night of this kind at this venue, so people are kind of bugging because they're not used to it. this sunday is our kick off party, and we'll be doing it every sunday until they kick us out. so you'll definitely have to come by and spin some stuff one of these sundays larry, for sure.

any jersey/nyc heads that want to come by, get at me....

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    any jersey/nyc heads that want to come by, get at me....

Beach, sunburn, beers, rekkids... I'm game.

• bluewaterbluewater 145 Posts
    definitely! once im back in town in good ol jerz, im def coming out to this!

• How'd it go Pres???

How'd it go Pres???

not bad. we actually stayed open til 2am. happy hour went cool, and then we got a late rush. a lot of new faces who have never been to the bar, so that's cool. a bunch of heads from new brunswick, so i know people will travel. i kept yelling: "stop staring at me [email]c@#Nts![/email] dance!" a la keb darge (in my best groundskeeper willie voice), but nobody got it..LOL.

definitely! once im back in town in good ol jerz, im def coming out to this!
    hopefully this still will be jumping off in late august (that's when i'll be back in south jerz). the party sounds like it's dope though!!!

• coldcutscoldcuts 388 Posts
    the party sounds like it's dope though!!!
    yea this event sounds cool as hell

we need something like that here in north jersey

the party sounds like it's dope though!!!
    yea this event sounds cool as hell

we need something like that here in north jersey
    where you at cold? come on down..

• coldcutscoldcuts 388 Posts
    are you familiar with a town called little falls?

its near paterson and montclair

yeah thats like an hour away..actually a good customer of mine is brett who owns the bloomfield cafe. he's a regular at my night. we might do something like this there in the future, but for now it's in asbury....

we might do something like this there in the future, but for now it's in asbury....
    ever think about heading down to Atlantic City?