Tired of PayPal???

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central

Comments

• that looks pretty solid.

little to no fees, and no bogus chargebacks? shit yeah. transactions will obviously be delayed due to the nature of checks, but speed a sacrifice I'd be
    willing to make. really hope this takes off.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    that looks pretty solid.

little to no fees, and no bogus chargebacks? shit yeah. transactions will obviously be delayed due to the nature of checks, but speed a sacrifice I'd be
    willing to make. really hope this takes off.

how would they prevent bogus chargebacks/complaints? I don't see any documentation on that yet...I'm all for a cheaper and more seller-friendly service if they can pull it off..I'm certainly rootin for them to give paypal a run for their money, haha

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    facebook was concieved by ex cia alumni
    some say the boys at LL Bean still have a big hand in it
    you know information gathering

looks phucking suspicious and lame and not a real paypal alternative

• how would they prevent bogus chargebacks/complaints?

chargebacks are carried out by credit card companies

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    lol

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts

looks phucking suspicious and lame and not a real paypal alternative

I've never been to facebook but am assuming its a lot like myspace. I know people phish paypal and ebay too but something about bringing your business to a place akin to myspace feels like purposely stepping into dogshit.

I'd love to buy and sell records at set prices to friends or clients that I'm familiar with in an environment such as this, but did it have to begin over there?
    I can't trust my account information to one of those. Even though I'm aware of how susceptible anyones current operation sans social networking websites is already.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts

I'm well aware of the conspiracy. But the fact that this company is going to try to use facebook is nothing crazy.

I mean, they've already linked facebook and paypal together in the article you posted above and you have no problem using it already so...

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    ex cia alumni
    fearful

the boys at LL Bean still have a big hand in it

I'm shaking in my mini-cords.

• facebook was concieved by ex cia alumni
    Wouldn't the "ex" CIA thing contradict the information gathering part?

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    facebook was concieved by ex cia alumni
    Wouldn't the "ex" CIA thing contradict the information gathering part?
    Ex government agents being corporate-world snooping bullies for the mighty fleece bearers, they hire their mountaineering bodyguards the same way for their posh-hotel/roomservice-fresh linen-approach to the outdoors.

• "To make money, Noca will also attempt to leverage its user data to target them with tailored advertising and product deals."