PSYCHEDELIC ROCK ONLINE FORUM (DOES ONE EXIST?)

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Saying, there are lots of heavy collectors with mad knowledge to drop. I know those fools would be down.

So is there such a thing? I know there are a myriad of guides and sites, but what about a forum similar to Raj's? I'm down to set one up if one doesn't exist, yet.

saying,

M

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    www.headheritage.co.uk dont know if there is a board, but you can submit reviews and there is a lot of info on there

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    this site used to be quite good on psych tip.. i don't think its as active as it was a few years ago though.

http://www.headheritage.com/

yeah there's a board you just have to dig around to find it... check the unsung section

funny cause im rereading Head On at the moment

• awallawall 673 Posts
    www.headheritage.co.uk dont know if there is a board, but you can submit reviews and there is a lot of info on there

that site is dope. julian cope is so into deep psychedelic music that it's kind of frightening sometimes.

Cope is the man.

even if your not a fan of his music you have to have respect... im big on the Teardrops shit though.

• awallawall 673 Posts
    Cope is the man.

even if your not a fan of his music you have to have respect... im big on the Teardrops shit though.

his music never did very much for me, but he's a damn good writer. he has a pretty intesting analytical take on european psychedelia (particuarly german).
    he gave a band that I sometimes play drums for "album of the month" a while ago. check it

no its still up man.. the site is a bit weird o nthe navigation front.. find the site guide o nthe homepage.. click into that.. then hit U-know or Head To Head and those are the forums.. kind of weird forum architecture too.. never did much for me.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    thx Dubious, I found it

that site architecture needs some rethinking, methinks

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Psychstrut?

Sample posts:

Roky1948: Does anybody have that 13th Floor Elevators live album from March 17, 1967? I believe it was booted in a 250 press run (numbered), from a label outside of Poland. I'm not ready to shell out a massive amount of money for it, but will gladly pay in the $500-$750 range if it is available and someone will let it go for that price!

BLUNTstone: I want to rant a bit about the rampant number of younger 20-something "collectors" (I use that term VERY loosely) who have been interested in Gentle Giant recently. I don't think they have a bit of respect either for the group's musical integrity nor the albums' going market rates. And no, you CAN'T play it on your little toy record player to see if it has drums on it! Go listen to Aerosmith or something. Grumble.

Leigh_Stephens: Well, I just told her that if she can't handle my having records stored in the kitchen cupboard, then too bad. It's MY HOUSE (well, apartment), dammit! I've lived alone since I graduated college 20 years ago and I don't need someone messing up my filing system now. Plus she actually LIKED the Blue Cheer reunion album THE BEAST IS BACK. Ugh! Do any of you have girlfriends? What's it like?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    much appreciated LOL and many guffaws later

Marco, you R A W K

freakin' nailed that talk

fuzz acid and flowers for dayz

hippies vs garageheads vs psych old head beholders

I'mma start this ish, no disrispectafellation to Mr. Julian Cope. His forum is too narrow and his table is set at 500 px what is up with that???

save the music.

• MikeZeroMikeZero 215 Posts
    There's a yahoo psychedelia group:

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/psychedelica/

It's ok though not quite as fun or as well monitored as this one...

I think that there was a forum through the Bomp site, though am not sure if that's still going now that Greg has passed on.

that site has been unchainged since i first saw it back in about 1999 / 2000... so i dont think they're in any particluar rush to make anythign any easier to find

marco hit the nail on the head 4 sure

i defintatly think there's room for another forum