Astrology?

DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,787 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
I've never been that into Astrology as it usually sounds like some generic ish with vague predictions and announcements that could apply to anyone. Last night though, I met this guy in the Fish & Chip shop and we got talking about music, then the Glastonbury festival, and then he starts asking me when I was born - day, month and year specific, as it apparently all makes a huge difference. First off, he says some of the usual things associated with my star sign (Aries; direct, single-minded yadda yadda), but he also got some stuff that was right on the money and I wasn't expecting.To top it all off, he finally told me my name, first take, no hesitation - WTF? It's left me wondering about astrology & horroscopes. I'm not about to go all New-Age, but the things this dude said have changed my opinion and I'm not quite so dismissive of it now.Anybody else here pay a lot/any attention to astrology?

Comments

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts

Last night though, I met this guy in the Fish & Chip shop and we got talking about music, then the Glastonbury festival, and then he starts asking me when I was born - day, month and year specific, as it apparently all makes a huge difference.

i smell a sleepover.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,787 Posts

Yeah, maybe I should have put this in the "Who gets hit on?" thread...

• I know people who are into it. There are software programs that create detailed charts for your horoscope depending on your exact location, day, year, hour, minute etc of birth. Basically you have different aspects in different "houses", and it gets extremely complex.

I don't neccesarily believe in any of it, but I know people that I respect that are into it. Anything's possible