is this a scam?

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
Hi,I'm the owner of this item (the one you've recently bided on) "I am in a bussines trip for 3 weeks and i want to close the auction earlier because i don't have time for it so please let me know your best price.I`ll provide you 5 days money back guarantee, no questions asked. That mean! s within 5 working days you decide if you don't want to keep the item. The deal will go strictly according to ebay's rules and policy regarding to this buy it now offer- to start the official transaction, i need to know: Your best price:ebay user id:First name:Last name:Shipping address:City/State:Country:Zip:As soon as i have them i'll start the official procedure, and ebay will notify you about this. You'll also receive important guidelines + instructions from them (please go through them exactly). I'll handle and pay for the shipping, so this will be free of charge for you.Waiting for your answer ASAP! Thank you

Comments

• looks like it to me.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    What makes it look suss to me is the free shipping! Why offer that?

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

I got it in response to a calisoulbrother auction...

weird

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

I got it in response to a calisoulbrother auction...

weird

I just want to make it clear that there is some scammer named "Tulio Tucker" making similar offers to second chance bidders on my auctions. I have repeatedly contacted eBay and Paypal about stopping this guy. He is a known internet scammer from Romania, apparently. If I ever get a chance to visit Eastern Europe, the dude will certainly get a suprise visit from me (I have both of his addresses).

If you lose out on an eBay auction, only trust direct contact from the seller ID of the auction in eBay itself, not from some random email or random message.

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    Hi,
    I'm the owner of this item (the one you've recently bided on) "

I am in a bussines trip for 3 weeks and i want to close the auction earlier because i don't have time for it so please let me know your best price.
    I`ll provide you 5 days money back guarantee, no questions asked. That mean! s within 5 working days you decide if you don't want to keep the item. The deal will go strictly according to ebay's rules and policy regarding to this buy it now offer- to start the official transaction, i need to know:
    Your best price:
    ebay user id:
    First name:
    Last name:
    Shipping address:
    City/State:
    Zip:
    As soon as i have them i'll start the official procedure, and ebay will notify you about this. You'll also receive important guidelines + instructions from them (please go through them exactly).
    I'll handle and pay for the shipping, so this will be free of charge for you.
    Waiting for your answer ASAP!
    Thank you

Sometimes these emails aren't sent by the sender at all - they're by some other scammer using the 'contact member' email. Email the sender and ask them if they sent this email. Although, even if they did it still seems fishy...

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    The typos and awkward voice, along with the fact that the sender can't even identify the item being referred to, point to this being a scam.