Song ID - Spencer Davis Group RMX

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
So a couple months ago I played this gig and one of the DJs played this fucking DOPE electro/house steez remix of Spencer Davis Group "I'm A Man" and that shit was hot fire. Anyone know what this is? I'm trying to track it down.

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    So a couple months ago I played this gig and one of the DJs played this fucking DOPE electro/house steez remix of Spencer Davis Group "I'm A Man" and that shit was hot fire. Anyone know what this is? I'm trying to track it down.

I just played this on the weekend! the orginal, that is...sorry, can't help with the house version...

i heart the SDG!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah it's really good. Tastefully done. Usually not a fan of shit remakes.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts

http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/34830-01.htm&highlight="i%27m+a+man"

There's another recent re-edit of the Chicago version on Rong that ended up on the latest DJ Kicks that's less pumpy & more true to the flipside of the 7".

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Yeah it's really good. Tastefully done. Usually not a fan of shit remakes.

strange... I thought you were a huge fan of shit remakes.

oh just kidding!

i am curious though, would like to hear it.

i heard a house-y version of yes' "owner of the lonely hearts" and i thought it was pretty horrible. it was during pride weekend and the dude who was playing at the same party as me played it not once, not twice, not thrice, but four times! well, three and a half until the next DJ came on and pulled it off.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/34830-01.htm&highlight="i%27m+a+man"

There's another recent re-edit of the Chicago version on Rong that ended up on the latest DJ Kicks that's less pumpy & more true to the flipside of the 7".

That's not it. This one sounds resung. The version I heard was the OG vox.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Chicago "I'm A Man" - Rub & Tug Re-edit.

Word.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Chicago "I'm A Man" - Rub & Tug Re-edit.

Word.

Not very housey or electroesque I know. Too many tequilas.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Indeedy, that's the one on Rong Records