Welcome to the weekend, a tune for your time there

hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
I like music as a relaxative, stuff that sounds like a sunset feels. I finished this last night, and hope that it will be enjoyable to some of you. No drums, no beats. It's a few piano notes from a Kurosawa film (Dreams) that have been reversed, pitch shifted, and throguhly eq'ed; a time stretched vocal sample from the same sequence of the same film; a youtube sample of a helicopter crashing into the ocean after attmepting to land on a ship; and the sound of a homemade hydrophone breaking (with reverb). Have some tea to it.

Comments

• quietly shitting on hip hop.

just teasing you.

I had the volume all the way up on my computadora and I could hardly hear anything.

b/w this is the ugliest looking word ever...

throguhly

• rookrook 357 Posts
    I like music as a relaxative, stuff that sounds like a sunset feels. I finished this last night, and hope that it will be enjoyable to some of you. No drums, no beats. It's a few piano notes from a Kurosawa film (Dreams) that have been reversed, pitch shifted, and throguhly eq'ed; a time stretched vocal sample from the same sequence of the same film; a youtube sample of a helicopter crashing into the ocean after attmepting to land on a ship; and the sound of a homemade hydrophone breaking (with reverb). Have some tea to it.

Frickin' nice. very pretty. well done.

• rookrook 357 Posts
    it actually reminds me of the some of the sequences out of 'requiem for a dream'

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    quietly shitting on hip hop.

just teasing you.

I had the volume all the way up on my computadora and I could hardly hear anything.

b/w this is the ugliest looking word ever...

throguhly

This is the part where I am quietly wiping afterwards. I usually work these kinds of tracks with very low volume, it's a product of the eq'ing (sp?) process really, thus these kinds of tracks are not very computer speaker friendly. But, I do like the fact that it can make you listen to the noise from speakers/preamps in tandem with the music.

I'm glad you like it Rook. Enjoi.

• sounded very peaceful.