Von Blondies

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Anyone ever heard of them? Did the lead singer get into a fistfight with Jack White?What kind of music do they play (what kind of rock I mean) and what are some examples of bands that I might know that are like them?What kind of crowd would they attract?

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Spelled their name wrong, it's Von Bondies.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

???

Seriously I know we have some rockists on board. Please help me.

• schnipperschnipper 528 Posts
    Singer did get in a fight with Jack White. White went to court for it a while ago. They're a rock band, Detroit sleazy style. Been around at least five years. Two years ago I think they were hyped to be the next White Stripes (they had toured together) but didn't break. Not good, not bad. Hip people will go see them, but not people hip enough to be over the Von Bondies.

• Not good, not bad. Hip people will go see them, but not people hip enough to be over the Von Bondies.

G.A.M.E.O.V.E.R.

Schnipper, please advance to next level

• SexyBNyceSexyBNyce 371 Posts

???

Seriously I know we have some rockists on board. Please help me.

AVOID! just another sub par punk band riding that garage wave out of detroit. I watched about 11 mins of there set once-I would have stayed if the band that played before them hadnt played a dozen songs that sounded exactly the same. Nobody really cared about them until that white roughed him up....and he pressed charges-no no no! I'll battle em, battle them all!

• I'm no Jack White fan, but I think I'd have to kick that guy in the middle's ass just on general pricipal...

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

I'm no Jack White fan, but I think I'd have to kick that guy in the middle's ass just on general pricipal...

heh
    yeah

I like the white stripes.

The Von BOndies are good. but not REal good, to where they should be allowed to record cds or tour. Garage hipsters like them.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    No, I'm opening for them tomorrow, that's why I want to know.

No, I'm opening for them tomorrow, that's why I want to know.

Play"Panic In Detroit" By David Bowie

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hahah... what album is that off of?

The concert promoters want "mash-up" hahah.

Alladin Sane.

Mash up. HHMM That will go over good with that crowd.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Alladin Sane.

Mash up. HHMM That will go over good with that crowd.

Yeahhh, I know. I don't even have a routine yet. But I think they're trying to have the DJ (moi) as much an "act" as it is in between band entertainment, so I'm going to have to do something pretty dynamic for the rockists.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I mean I think I'm gonna just rock all over the place. Fuck it.

YEah mos def play that Panic in Detroit.

THe Zombies.

Play a white stripes song for fun, Probably Black Math off of Elephant.

The kinks.

The Troggs

Small Faces.

Althought those might be too deep for em/

• VagabondVagabond 417 Posts
    Don't FUCK with Jack White-

• Don't FUCK with Jack White-

damn. that gives me new respect for Jack White. the new album is still disappointing, though.

cos, if you want to add some live/rock excitement to your set, why don't you just pound on dude?