Software Morphs Prodigy Into Global Cipher

ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
http://www.wired.com/entertainment/music/news/2008/01/Prodigy
When Prodigy's next album drops, it could debut in nearly 1,500 different languages without the rapper having to so much as crack a translation dictionary.The lyrics to "H.N.I.C. Part 2" will be translated using proprietary speech-conversion software developed by Voxonic. The company says the software can deliver Prodigy's lyrics in his own voice, in any spoken language."The prospect of having fans understand what I'm saying and repeat it in their language (drew me to) the company," said Prodigy in a phone interview just before he began a jail term for illegal gun possession. "Now, fans will like more than just the beat or the rhythm. They'll understand what I'm saying and relate to it."So far, one of Prodigy's singles has been converted into Spanish, with negotiations ongoing to translate songs into German, French and Italian. The entire album, scheduled to drop March 9, could be released in any spoken language, from Urdu or Japanese to any of the 11 official languages recognized in South Africa. The music is being released by Voxonic's Vox Music Group in partnership with AAO Music/Reality.When Prodigy's next album drops, it could debut in nearly 1,500 different languages without the rapper having to so much as crack a translation dictionary.

Comments

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    how do you say:

'You'se a dick blower, tryin to speak the Dunn language
    What the drilly with that though? It ain't bangin'

in Icelandic?

• rascmonrascmon 441 Posts
    looking forward to a lot of angry foreign rappers when prodigy disses them/their whole country unintentionally. don't get your couch tipped over P .. "bredren"