Quagmire compilations.

UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
Does anyone know anything about these? I was just wondering if they ever saw a vinyl press. Im looking for volume 8 specifically. Just curious. Any other good garage comps?

Comments

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Does anyone know anything about these? I was just wondering if they ever saw a vinyl press. Im looking for volume 8 specifically. Just curious. Any other good garage comps?

The quagmire comps are pretty damn good. Lot's of high quality, legitimate rarities. That said, IMO, the Back From the Grave series is hands down the greatest series of garage comps available. Seriously. Volumes 1,4,5,7 and 8 in particular are just stellar. SOOOO many out-and-out killers. Keggs, Noblemen, Half Pint and the Fifths, Spiders, Savoys, Alarm Clocks, Legends, Outspoken Blues, Jujus, Aztex, and on and on and on. Damn.

Some of the Teenage Shutdown comps are good too, as are the bosshoss comps from the garagepunk forums. There's an Orlyn comp in the works I think, and the Ikon comp, which is great, came out in the last couple years I think. Don't sleep on the Fenton box set either, that shit is off the hook.