Local TV Show From 88'

DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central

I actually remember watching this when it aired!

Comments

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts

what is this d? youtube is blocked from the jobby job. i see the word flash on there. dj dans?

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    Dope video, thanks!

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    hahah nasty nes. dude was the homie.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    WOW! This really brings back memories. I remember when this aired as well. Mix, Maharaji, Larry the white guy, Kid Sensation, the Troop gear, the Caddys, All the crazy hats and cazals! Comedy. Those were the days. We did hella shows with those guys all over Washington and Oregon in the late 80s. Remember when there was a Troop store downtown! I had a Troop jacket, sweatshirt, shoes, all dat. If I remember correctly, the hommie Dee Rock was sponsored by the downtown Troop store! This is the best post in a while.

• swasssss

watup risto

• I remember buying "Square Dance Rap"

I bumped the 12" of "Posse On Broadway" just as much as any other hip-hop joints in 1988

The remix that had the "Fame" sample was

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts

what is this d? youtube is blocked from the jobby job. i see the word flash on there. dj dans?

OH SHIT! i thought this was that flash shit....

i remember this like it was yesterday! i wouldn't be suprised if i still have a tape of it. remember when mix, nes and majarajah were on that morning show at like 5am on a sunday? i know i have that tape. mix did "in my studio" live with just him, a mic and his keyboards. nes did a quick mix. ed locke was also on there! not sure what her name is now but its no longer ed!

i remember that troop shop too! wasn't it where sneaker city is now? they had all those hammer posters....

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    ed locke was also on there! not sure what her name is now but its no longer ed!

WOW! LOL. You put Ed Locke on blast. I thought Ed Locke is now "Sheila" Locke or something like that. Crazy.