Tom Cruise secret Scientology Video Leaked

nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
HOLY SHIT, i was going to post this yesterday, but the clip is dropping off the web faster than anything i have ever seen.THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE.http://www.boomchicago.tv/node/2081 where do you start? i mean really... WHERE DO YOU START?!?!?!EDIT: When you're a Scientologist, and you drive by an accident, you know you have to do something about it, because you know you're the only one who can really help. We are the authorities on getting people off drugs. We are the authorities on the mind.... We are the way to happiness. We can bring peace and unite cultures. Now is the time. Being a Scientologist. People are turning to you. If you are a Scientologist, you see things the way they are, in all their glory, in all their complexity... It's rough and tumble. It's wild and woolly. It's a blast. It really is. It is fun. Because damn it, there is nothing better than going out there and fighting the fight, and suddenly you see -- boom! -- things are better. I want to know that I've done everything I can do, every day... I do what I can. And I do it the way I do everything.

Comments

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

No biggie on the double up, the other thread had the most cryptic title ever.
    Cut the BS people, I wanna know what the thread is about.
    Anyways, cracked, that dude is fully cracked.
    It's funny the Scientologists don't want this seen, doesn't seeing it "make people want to
    know more" in their minds.
    I suppose they need to tightly control their message and letting these things out of there
    sphere is bad for business.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

It's funny the Scientologists don't want this seen, doesn't seeing it "make people want to
    I suppose they need to tightly control their message and letting these things out of there

really. For people that "just want to help" they are pretty Frickin' shady.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    I watched him in this movie the other night:

Now I just want to help people by beating the tar out of them on a pool table.

When you walk by a crappy pool player, you know ... as a scientologist, you know that you're the only person who can help them part with their money.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

Totally. And not only that but they are the "only ones who can help". He's so Frickin' inarticulate that it just comes over as messianic burble mixed with Scientolgy-speak. Loony.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

Totally. And not only that but they are the "only ones who can help". He's so Frickin' inarticulate that it just comes over as messianic burble mixed with Scientolgy-speak. Loony.

At times, I felt like he could have had the same script writer as Bush. He was very earnestly exalting his people, whilst claiming everyone else needs saving. But giving no substantiation for either case, only his own great passion, and pretension. F U C K I N G douche.
    I'd love to see him move into politics though. Maybe when the neo-con lizard people get kicked out of power, they'll move over to Scientology, to try and take over the world that way.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Jesus the man is a boring speaker.

I'm very far from a body language expert but I've watched enough cheap documentaries on the subject to think that the hand gestures he displays while talking (covering his mouth/rubbing the side of his nose/etc) suggest a lack of real self belief in the bullshit he's spouting.

Tom's hair was a lot nicer then.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I found that Apollo Stars 'Power of Source' Scientology cruise ship album at a store the other day, but I left it behind cause it sucked.

I found that Apollo Stars 'Power of Source' Scientology cruise ship album at a store the other day, but I left it behind cause it sucked.

from Xenu related.

Sounds like your body-thetan is running things mayne.

Better go rent Top Gun and save that soul.

• the use of brain wave tuning machines over the span of years - $2, 300,000

attending charismatic lectures and scientology functions - $ 1, 800,000

L. Ron Hubbard books which explain the degrees of "awakening" to be connected with a planet 500 miles away - $ 78.98

sacrificing astute rationality because you're too lazy to study and practice any other esoteric religion and need dogmatic conditioning based on absurd principles to program you into a state of boundless bliss and believe only scientology can offer it? - priceless

the rich man's path to satori.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    That crest/logo at the beginning looks extra creepy and a little satanic.

I walk by a "church" almost every day of the week, some weird people hang out in front of that place, a bunch of them are chain smokers.

• sounds no different than a devoted christian to me.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    sounds no different than a devoted christian to me.

its as stupid as ANY religion.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    sounds no different than a devoted christian to me.

Your not looking close enough. Most organized religions are pretty crazy, but this stuff is really pretty next level, with all the spaceships and alien souls etc...

Anyway, here's a couple seconds of bonus weirdness....

• sounds no different than a devoted christian to me.

Your not looking close enough. Most organized religions are pretty crazy, but this stuff is really pretty next level, with all the spaceships and alien souls etc...

Anyway, here's a couple seconds of bonus weirdness....

I know I was just goofing off. There's nuts in all religions. Honestly I know nothing about scientology.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7191355.stm

"A Scientology spokeswoman said the full video could be seen in its churches".

"What appeared on the internet was a "pirated and edited" version of an acceptance speech Cruise had made in 2004 after receiving a "freedom medal" from the International Association of Scientologists, she said".

Freedom medal...

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Honestly I know nothing about scientology.

They'll hear you...

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    damn thats crazy

strangest part is around 4:23 when he's laughing hysterically to himself then uses some cryptic scientology phrases

well, that and "i'd like to go on vacation and romp and play"

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    It might just be Botox, but he has crazy eyes - they get wider but his eyebrows don't move!

Seriously though, I'm astounded that this shit thrives the way it does. What I don't get, is for a doomsday kinda cult (let's be real) why do they wanna recruit so many people? If they believed it, they'd be happy with whoever they had to fit in the space ship and leave it at that. Somehow I think it's about the $$$$$!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I'm a Holtzentologist. We're much better at the pep talk thing.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Somehow I think it's about the $$$$$!

It's all about the money man.

recognize hustle.

- spidey

• Somehow I think it's about the $$$$$!

No way! Get out of town!

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts

No way! Get out of town!

Yep. Shocking isn't it? So has anyone taken one of their tests where they tell you how inadaquate you are? And you get to pay for the pleasure? Most people let their parents/partners/inlaws do that for free.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    HOLY SHIT, i was going to post this yesterday, but the clip is dropping off the web faster than anything i have ever seen.

THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE.

http://www.boomchicago.tv/node/2081

where do you start? i mean really... WHERE DO YOU START?!?!?!

EDIT: When you're a Scientologist, and you drive by an accident, you know you have to do something about it, because you know you're the only one who can really help. We are the authorities on getting people off drugs. We are the authorities on the mind.... We are the way to happiness. We can bring peace and unite cultures. Now is the time. Being a Scientologist. People are turning to you. If you are a Scientologist, you see things the way they are, in all their glory, in all their complexity... It's rough and tumble. It's wild and woolly. It's a blast. It really is. It is fun. Because damn it, there is nothing better than going out there and fighting the fight, and suddenly you see -- boom! -- things are better. I want to know that I've done everything I can do, every day... I do what I can. And I do it the way I do everything.

So basically it's a religion now to be a self centered egotistical piece of sh*t ???
    Woooooww!!! thank you for alowing me to feel more disgusted about this guy than ever and to avoid everything and anything he does...

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts

No way! Get out of town!

Yep. Shocking isn't it? So has anyone taken one of their tests where they tell you how inadaquate you are? And you get to pay for the pleasure? Most people let their parents/partners/inlaws do that for free.

hahahaha !!!

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    At least I know I'm not cut out for this religion. This guy is their #1 celebrity endorser and I couldn't even make it through half of this boring-ass video. But really, he doesn't sound any crazier than the youth group leader at the megachurch my friend used to drag me to.

And to the point about not knowing anything about Scientology: I think that's a combination of the church shrouding itself in secrecy for likely sinister reasons, as well as detractors with various motives muddying the waters with rumors and half truths.

OH SHIT! He gets crazier...

http://www.boomchicago.tv/node/2087

Watch tom single-handedly save the firefighters on 9/11.

"As a scientologist you go, thats a lie, outpoint(?) lie. LIAR. fine."

Why ask permission? We are the Authorities.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    luckily for me i have long such reached the point where i can not hate him any more than i do

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    OH SHIT! He gets crazier...

http://www.boomchicago.tv/node/2087

Watch tom single-handedly save the firefighters on 9/11.

"As a scientologist you go, thats a lie, outpoint(?) lie. LIAR. fine."

Why ask permission? We are the Authorities.

At the beginning he says that scientologists can look at the world and are able to go poo. Sometimes I wish I had that ability.