I graduated from University yesterday!

On_the_Red_ClayOn_the_Red_Clay 1,728 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
After seven years of studying communication sciences, i received my degree yesterday (the equivalent of a Master's degree)and am now a doctor of science. Since i have spent a great deal of time on the Strut instead of working on my final research paper, it feels appropriate to share this with y'all.feeling very very liberated right now- spent 24 years getting educated and am finally ready to bust some bigger real world movez went out to lunch yesterday w/ fam & friends (first time my parents met my girl's parents... all went well!) and continued to get very drunk during the rest the day. Managed to get bitten by a goat (and got a tetanus-shot this morning) very funny. Supremely hungover but....sotopoftheworldrightnow

Comments

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Congrats man.

Which Uni were you at?

• University of Nijmegen, Holland

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    congrats, cant wait to graduate myself.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    bitten by a goat

"He got too close to the truck, so I bit his f----n' ear off!"

congrats dude.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    big ups to the man red clay!!!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Congratulations man! From the Soulseek convos we had, seems like we were on a similar academic track. Hope all goes well for you in your professional search. Has that started yet? Enjoy this time and celebrate!

• BlowFlyBlowFly 89 Posts
    Congratulations!

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts
    Congratulations!

co-sign ! How old are you ? in europe usually graduation is longer....

Congratulations!

co sign !

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Congrats, OTRC. That's a hell of an accomplishment.

• Congratulations!

.... it is: i'm 27

Congratulations!

.... it is: i'm 27

in italy the average guy graduate at same age as you.........I'm near 26 and still needs some time to graduate from law university..........

why in europe it takes us so long on books, compared with our "colleagues" all over the world ?

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Normal procedure in Europe is: you graduate highschool when you're 18, you can get your masters degree when you're 23. But usually some stuff gets in the way.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    congrats W!

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    Congrats, now you can joint Famous Mortimer and myself as the "now that I graduated what the fuck do I do now" crowd.