Brilliant & Gorgeous

RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
These terms are used waaaaaaaay to much to describe a record or song. i have even seen handsome used to describe how the actual label looks. shit is so annoying. did this start in the uk ? seems every list i see these terms pop up..also at a blog near you. is it just me..or do these terms irk yall as well ?btw, i cant believe not one person on this board has a nice rip of rappin 4 tay/ playas club.

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    btw, i cant believe not one person on this board has a nice rip of rappin 4 tay/ playas club.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/652486394078cb/
    c'mon now.

• btw, i cant believe not one person on this board has a nice rip of rappin 4 tay/ playas club.

much thanks.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Long live bland, meaningless adjectives!

• Long live pretentious, overused adjectives!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Super record from this fantastic group!!! Groovy vibes and percussive percussion. Raer, coveted, AND desireable.

percussive percussion

=

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    other overused ones

funky grooves
    in demand
    loops
    italio
    unknown
    insane
    dark

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    HITS HARD AT TIMES STAYS IN THE GROOVE AT OTHERS.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    FONT SIZE="6">MONSTER/FONT>

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Record is in M- shape!NO SCRATCHES,NO SKIPS,NO LABELMARKS AT ALL.Vinyl comes in its original heavy unbendable white sleeve still in shrink wrap.If you think this record is easy to find you are DEFINATELY WRONG!ULTRA RARE AND HIGHLY COLLECTABLE FUNKY DISCO 12??? produced by the legendary PETER BROWN,PATRICIA BROWN & MICHAEL CAMPBELL.Killer funky beats,amazing horns,strings,percussion and monster male vocals on this amazing disco floorfiller,which would set any dancefloor of fire.DEFINATELY ORIGINAL PRESS!First round-up is bigger than the reissue.Also it has QC 8686 etched on dead wax.This is one of those Queen Constance releases that rarely pop up for sale.This track will blow you off!You hardly see this one on ebay for sale!AN ULTRA RARE FIND on this PATRICK ADAMS/PETER BROWN related label.Second copy i ever had within over 13 years of diggin.Last copy i sold 3 years ago for over 150$.Got lucky to come across another one.For the real collector and disco boogie fan a MUST!You will love it!Don???t miss it out!Your chance to own it WITHOUT A RESERVE PRICE!You might never see it again!

SUPERGROOVE HERE FOR THE DJS LOOKING FOR SAMPLES. LOOPS BREAKS FUNK STABBS. A GEMM. ITS A REAL GEMM OF A DEAL! SLAMMIN HARD ITALIO FUNK BREAKS WITH OST COP CHASE THEME WITH BONGOS. I CAN SEE JAY-Z OR TIMBALAND ROCKING THIS ONE! PURE AFRO FUNK GEMM WITH A GORGEOUS COVER WITH BRILLIANT HEAVY STOCK. MINT (PLAYED ONCE).

OW THIS INDIAN SOUNDTRACK LP IS CLOSE TO NEW SCHOOL HIP HOP MUSIC WITHOUT EVEN CHOPPING OR LOOPING IT.THIS RECORD IS MAD HEAT SERIOUS DRAMA HIP HOP SAMPLES STABS AND JUST BANANAS INDIAN BOLLYWOOD MUSIC.TUNE AFTER TUNE WHICH INCLUDE DRUM BEATS DOPE TUNES AND SUPER HIP HOP SAMPLES.THERE IS SO MUCH ILL MUSIC ON THIS RECORD I COULD NOT FIT IT ALL ON THE SOUNDCLIP.THIS HAS MY TOP RECCOMENDATION.TAKE A LISTEN TO THE SOUND CLIP AND SEE HOW GOOD THIS RECORD IS FOR YOURSELF.HERE IS THE MIGHTY BEAT INDUSTRIAL KPM LIBRARY LP BY ALAN HAWKSHAW AND ALAN PARKER AKA THE MOHAWKS.YOU WILL FIND ILL FUNKY PSYCHEDELIC LIBRARY TUNES.WICKED SAMPLES AND LOOPS AND CLUB DJ ACTION TO THE FULL EXTREME.INSTRUMENTATION WITH FUZZ BASS,HAMMOND ORGAN,KILLER DRUMS AND BASS LINES.TRACK AFTER TRACK OF MIGHTY MUSIC ON THIS RARE KPM LP.TAKE A LISTEN TO THE SOUND CLIP AS YOU JUST CANT GO WRONG.

FONT SIZE="6">MONSTER
    /FONT>

I like this one.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    FONT SIZE="6">MONSTER
    /FONT>

SUPERGROOVE HERE FOR THE DJS LOOKING FOR SAMPLES. LOOPS BREAKS FUNK STABBS. A GEMM. ITS A REAL GEMM OF A DEAL! SLAMMIN HARD ITALIO FUNK BREAKS WITH OST COP CHASE THEME WITH BONGOS. I CAN SEE JAY-Z OR TIMBALAND ROCKING THIS ONE! PURE AFRO FUNK GEMM WITH A GORGEOUS COVER WITH BRILLIANT HEAVY STOCK. MINT (PLAYED ONCE).

GROOVES AND MOVES. DUDES AND POOS (MEANING THE SHIT). THIS RECORD IS DOPE. DOPE AS FUCK. DARK DUSTY GROOVE LIKE MOVES. LONER FOLK PSYCH MOVES. THIS RECORD WILL PSYCH YOU OUT. SIKE! DAVE PIKE, MPS MADNESS. TOASTY CRUNCHY BEATS. BUTTERY RHODES BISCUITS. EVIL NUGGET LOOPS. A REAL BISCUIT OF A DEAL! DEAL.

A REAL MIND-MELTER. HOT. HEAT. MAGMA. SUN SPOTS. RARE AND HARD TO FIND. HARD TO FIND WITH GORGEOUS STRINGS. STRING BEAN-LIKE NUTRITION. GET WITH THIS!

• I approve of your thread tag.

For me, the word 'reference' is totally overused in the higher-end audio world. Why do I have a subscription to 'Stereophile' again? Every company has a 'reference' model, and the term is thrown around so much it has lost meaning.

OMG! I know, right! Like, totally!

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    "Gorgeous Downtempo"

or

"Handsome Free Jazz"

it needs to stop.

lol. "Handsome"

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    If I say shit or fuck in an auction it gets pulled in 2 days.
    So I only got the "real stuff".

• OW THIS INDIAN SOUNDTRACK LP IS CLOSE TO NEW SCHOOL HIP HOP MUSIC WITHOUT EVEN CHOPPING OR LOOPING IT.THIS RECORD IS MAD HEAT SERIOUS DRAMA HIP HOP SAMPLES STABS AND JUST BANANAS INDIAN BOLLYWOOD MUSIC.TUNE AFTER TUNE WHICH INCLUDE DRUM BEATS DOPE TUNES AND SUPER HIP HOP SAMPLES.THERE IS SO MUCH ILL MUSIC ON THIS RECORD I COULD NOT FIT IT ALL ON THE SOUNDCLIP.THIS HAS MY TOP RECCOMENDATION.TAKE A LISTEN TO THE SOUND CLIP AND SEE HOW GOOD THIS RECORD IS FOR YOURSELF.HERE IS THE MIGHTY BEAT INDUSTRIAL KPM LIBRARY LP BY ALAN HAWKSHAW AND ALAN PARKER AKA THE MOHAWKS.YOU WILL FIND ILL FUNKY PSYCHEDELIC LIBRARY TUNES.WICKED SAMPLES AND LOOPS AND CLUB DJ ACTION TO THE FULL EXTREME.INSTRUMENTATION WITH FUZZ BASS,HAMMOND ORGAN,KILLER DRUMS AND BASS LINES.TRACK AFTER TRACK OF MIGHTY MUSIC ON THIS RARE KPM LP.TAKE A LISTEN TO THE SOUND CLIP AS YOU JUST CANT GO WRONG.

CLASSIC! HAAA @ J*LI*N !!! HILARIOUS!

"Gorgeous Downtempo"

or

"Handsome Free Jazz"

it needs to stop.

lol. "Handsome"

but this right here is what the fuk im talmbout...adjectives like this should just not be used to describe music. i dunno why it disturbs me so much.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    It gets real tough doing the radio thing where you
    are expected to talk about the music. When I listen
    to my archived shows, the most embarassing thing is the way
    I describe songs when I'm adlibbing. I either say the
    same corny thing about 5 songs in a row "that was another cool
    track" or I'm talking out my ass about "a nice slice of proto-glam
    rock, with a delicate soulful edge" (I never said this)

• Do you adlib information about the band?

"Don't it feel good, with The Thamesmen and 'Cups and Cakes.' The Thamesmen later changed their names to Spinal Tap, they had a couple of B-side hits they are currently residing in the 'where are they now' file."

• What's with BAROQUE that Dustygroove uses all the time?
    Type it into their searchbox and you get 152 reviews....common!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    If it ain't got HARPSICHORD then that shit ain't BAROQUE

This thread is utterly brilliant and gorgeous

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Record is in M- shape!NO SCRATCHES,NO SKIPS,NO LABELMARKS AT ALL.Vinyl comes in its original heavy unbendable white sleeve still in shrink wrap.If you think this record is easy to find you are DEFINATELY WRONG!ULTRA RARE AND HIGHLY COLLECTABLE FUNKY DISCO 12??? produced by the legendary PETER BROWN,PATRICIA BROWN & MICHAEL CAMPBELL.Killer funky beats,amazing horns,strings,percussion and monster male vocals on this amazing disco floorfiller,which would set any dancefloor of fire.DEFINATELY ORIGINAL PRESS!First round-up is bigger than the reissue.Also it has QC 8686 etched on dead wax.This is one of those Queen Constance releases that rarely pop up for sale.This track will blow you off![/b]You hardly see this one on ebay for sale!AN ULTRA RARE FIND on this PATRICK ADAMS/PETER BROWN related label.Second copy i ever had within over 13 years of diggin.Last copy i sold 3 years ago for over 150$.Got lucky to come across another one.For the real collector and disco boogie fan a MUST!You will love it!Don???t miss it out!Your chance to own it WITHOUT A RESERVE PRICE!You might never see it again!

Oh, and Yuichi is killin it.

• If it ain't got HARPSICHORD then that shit ain't BAROQUE

All of a sudden it all starts to make sense.

• If it ain't got HARPSICHORD then that shit ain't BAROQUE

All of a sudden it all starts to make sense.

• LUTE LOOPS FOR DAYZ