CD Duplication - Discmakers???

meistromocomeistromoco 953 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
has anyone used these dudes? I've got someone putting out a mix cd of mine and wants to use them...they seem like a big operation with locations throughout the country. I was pushing for my usual spot to duplicate, but it ain't my call at the end of the day.We can get more for our money @ discmakers but I'm just unsure of the quality.http://www.discmakers.comanyone??

Comments

• I assume they are good quality wise. The issue would be "mix cd." I imagine, since they are a big company, they are careful about what they do.

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    discmakers is one of the largest replication centers here in the us. if you're trying to release unlicensed music though, you won't get a green light. they don't deal w/ any bootleg-type stuff or uncleared samples (i.e. samples they can recognize).

they're quality is pretty awesome, and they throw in a few extra perks you don't get from other places.

a friend of mine just got a digipack from there, and i was thoroughly impressed with the quality of the packaging.

check out this review if you're still skeptical.
    http://www.fresharrival.com/blog/archives/2007/03/31/discmakers/

• if they ever get your address, you'll be getting weekly catalogs for life

I'm not sure if they actually listen to your content, but you do have to sign something that says all material is original

• I recently when through a similar situation (mix-cd's). Shit was a pain in the ass (Shouts to PPP/Samo Media though, dude is dude).

Try holler SAMO Media, ELS Productions or Noiseland.

oh snap. too late.

discmakers looks quality (and sooo cheap), but I am guessing they won't do it.

I am looking to make 1,000 discs in cardboard sleeves with full color printing...I checked out the sites young phonics listed but the price quotes were almost twice as much as discmakers. Anyone else have any spots they use?

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    I am looking to make 1,000 discs in cardboard sleeves with full color printing...I checked out the sites young phonics listed but the price quotes were almost twice as much as discmakers. Anyone else have any spots they use?
    I've been using Depth Charge with great results every time but I was curious about cardboard sleeves too for my new joint and W*se said he'd have to look into it since its a bit of a different beast than inserts.

good luck and let me know if you find someone

oh snap. too late.

discmakers looks quality (and sooo cheap), but I am guessing they won't do it.

Meistro,

Stay away from diskmakers if you're doing an uncleared mix. What's being said about the use of samples and their strictness is true. They are malicious about it and have heard from people directly that they have no problem pulling any project with uncleared material and on top of that keeping your deposit as well.

you may want to check http://www.bisondisc.com for your project. Not too shabby imo.

re: the stopping of those annoying ass mailers they send, sign up with www.cataloguechoice.org. any company who is targeted will by law have to stop sending you their catalog's. haven't received their mailers since.

get familiar.
    www.cataloguechoice.org

ez,

gusto