New York cell phone question - NRR

bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
Hello, I'll be in New York at then end of January and I don't carry a phone but would like to get one just for the time I'm there. Any suggestions on the best way to go would be greatly appreciated: brand, plan, etc.? I'm hoping to put a certain amount of pre-paid time on it and then give it back when I'm done.Thank You very much.

Comments

• i had a trac phone for the longest time. that's your best bet. you can find em all over the place at some corner spots

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Thanks for that. I have never owned a cellphone so I am not sure if trac is a brand or a function...what do you suggest I ask for at the counter to get what I need and sound remotely like I know what I'm talking about?

• trac phone is like the plan/carrier. they're usually some nokia phones. simple stuff you know. you don't have to act like you know much when buyin em, they usually come in up-front package deals that are easy to grasp.

yo here's the site, you can cop one now and add minutes/get it set up before you leave...

http://www.tracfone.com/index.jsp

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Get a burner from that spot off 95. Bernard will take you.

• i been to everyone of those spots in season 3...common territory (cept i don't fuck with drugs)

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Thank You very much! That's a great help.

Get a burner from that spot off 95. Bernard will take you.

lol - other the landfill-filler aspect of it - this seems like the best thing to get. But I was hoping Cutty could drive me instead.