'71 Dallas H.S. Battle Of The Bands Funky Jazz

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
Ridiculously rare LP that has a 15 year old Stevie Ray Vaughan on two (lame)tracks.Below is a killer laid back funky instrumental titled "Answer To My Dreams" by Blue Persuasion......enjoy.

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Isn't that one worth a skillion dollars becuz of SRV on it?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Isn't that one worth a skillion dollars becuz of SRV on it?

Yeah....and has a poster with a young punk SRV looking too cool for his own good.

But the funny thing is his band is the worst on the LP.....two other bands totally shred it on the hard rock vibe and Blue Persuasion has two funky instros.

Perhaps that is because Stevie Ray Vaughan is overrated and could never write a good song?

Perhaps that is because Stevie Ray Vaughan is overrated and could never write a good song?

I couldn't agree with you more.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

I got into a long debate with a friend-of-a-friend neo-hippie about SRV. He claimed SRV was the greatest guitar player of all time, which is ridiculous, considering SRV himself would've given the nod to someone like B.B. King, just to name one.

Just how lame are these SRV tracks? Lame even in the context of high school music?

I got into a long debate with a friend-of-a-friend neo-hippie about SRV. He claimed SRV was the greatest guitar player of all time, which is ridiculous, considering SRV himself would've given the nod to someone like Freddy King[/b] , just to name one.

Just how lame are these SRV tracks? Lame even in the context of high school music?

They are pretty bad.....I'll post one up later on this evening.

Anyone diggin' the Blue Persuasion track??

I got into a long debate with a friend-of-a-friend neo-hippie about SRV. He claimed SRV was the greatest guitar player of all time, which is ridiculous, considering SRV himself would've given the nod to someone like Freddy King[/b] , just to name one.

They are pretty bad.....I'll post one up later on this evening.

Anyone diggin' the Blue Persuasion track??

It's good. Like where the song Burning Spear meets Spooky.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Nice cut. Sounds like Third Cup-era Eddie Fisher.

b/w

Is there a $500 tag on that mug??

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    killer

i love this!!

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Me likes. Thanks Rockadelic.

• thats a nice cut right there.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    love the way it's recorded.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    From memory those Cast of Thousands tracks also have actor Steven Toblowosky on them, I've seen a picture of the band with him & SRV in it. I don't think he was in the band, just brought in to play some guitar for the recordings.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Great track! So damned tasteful and mature for high school kids.

From memory those Cast of Thousands tracks also have actor Steven Toblowosky on them, I've seen a picture of the band with him & SRV in it. I don't think he was in the band, just brought in to play some guitar for the recordings.

True, although it's spelled Tobolousky on the LP(sic?).

The keyboard player on the cut I posted went on to play with Freddy King and the guitarist was in the 80's group Zoom.